Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New customer sign up sheets yey or nay?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Doddy111

Alright lads and laddetes I’ve been out posting leaflets this week and I’ve actually had quite a few enquiries. I’ve secured a few of the jobs and still need to go and quote the others.

My question to you well established guys is do you give the customer a sort of welcome pack? A sheet they fill out for me (name, address, email, phone number, bank details for GoCardless) then a sheet all about the benefits and security of GoCardless and finally a little explainer like the one trad man did with bullet points such as: about us, insurance, work in rain, how can I pay, leaving windows wet etc.

I feel it’ll save aggro further down the line when I’m cleaning in rain or leaving windows wet as customers will of been informed.

I’m known to over think things so maybe I’m being a bit of a drip. Should I just turn up, clean the windows and post a slip?

(Note: I’m currently getting to grips with squeegee, textlocal and GoCardless)

Thanks in advance

(Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong section)

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Obviously not a well-established guy here so probably not the person to listen to but I can tell you what I plan on doing:

I have a sheet printed out which I carry with me on my clipboard - has like a table with all the different pieces of info I think I will need. 

I will ask the customers for these pieces of information, write them down and then when I get back home I'll put them in my spreadsheets (for you I guess that'd be squeegee).

I also carry a sheet with me which explains go cardless and how to set it up easily. Can share that with you if you want it.

I don't think you'll take their bank details - I presumed that you would send them the gocardless link and they would set it up themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously not a well-established guy here so probably not the person to listen to but I can tell you what I plan on doing:

I have a sheet printed out which I carry with me on my clipboard - has like a table with all the different pieces of info I think I will need. 

I will ask the customers for these pieces of information, write them down and then when I get back home I'll put them in my spreadsheets (for you I guess that'd be squeegee).

I also carry a sheet with me which explains go cardless and how to set it up easily. Can share that with you if you want it.

I don't think you'll take their bank details - I presumed that you would send them the gocardless link and they would set it up themselves.

Yeah I definitely need to get a clipboard and a sheet to take the customer details that makes more sense.

I've made an info sheet detailing how Gocardless works but thanks for offering to share yours. Do you leave that with the customer so they can go through it in their own time?

The Gocardless and taking the bank details is because I've got quite a few new elderly customers that wouldn't have a clue how to set it up but want to be on Gocardless because its hassle-free, I thought it may be easier for me to take their details and set it up for them (not even sure if I can do that). These same customers also have no clue what WFP is hence the need for an info sheet just wasn't sure if I'm over complicating things ?

Yeah I definitely need to get a clipboard and a sheet to take the customer details that makes more sense.

I've made an info sheet detailing how Gocardless works but thanks for offering to share yours. Do you leave that with the customer so they can go through it in their own time?

The Gocardless and taking the bank details is because I've got quite a few new elderly customers that wouldn't have a clue how to set it up but want to be on Gocardless because its hassle-free, I thought it may be easier for me to take their details and set it up for them (not even sure if I can do that). These same customers also have no clue what WFP is hence the need for an info sheet just wasn't sure if I'm over complicating things ?
Ah I see, yeah I guess you could do it for them if they're happy with that - don't see why not actually. My sheet is how to actually set up the GoCardless, following the link - I'd plan to do it there and then or send them a message with the link and basic instructions. If you're going to be doing it for the elderly customers then they probably wouldn't need a sheet explaining how to set it up/how it works.

My business is traditional however I wouldn't have thought you would need a sheet explaining wfp. Just answers to questions in your head I would've thought would be enough.

I'll let some of the more experienced guys answer your questions though as I know they will give you a better response! :)

I have every customer fill in a sign up sheet , name , address , contact number , a section to detail service quoted for , quote amount , a tick box to consent to us contacting them .... Payment queries , text reminders etc and finally a signed section to agree all above with permission to access there garden should they not be home ..... I then transfer that info onto smartround and file the paper piece in filing cabinet ...... Works for me

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have every customer fill in a sign up sheet , name , address , contact number , a section to detail service quoted for , quote amount , a tick box to consent to us contacting them .... Payment queries , text reminders etc and finally a signed section to agree all above with permission to access there garden should they not be home ..... I then transfer that info onto smartround and file the paper piece in filing cabinet ...... Works for me

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I like the idea - so do you have card details on your sign up sheet or how do you get people on GoCardless?

Back