Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back pack and poles?

johneastmids

Hi all

I am after some advice please,

I am a traditional window cleaner but looking at getting a back pack water fed system for some more awkward windows and some dangerous ones with the ladders.

I have looked at many back packs and have narrowed it down to 2,

The Gardiner slx 22 with Gardiner back pack and the Facelift BigBOY 2 Backpack + PHOENIX mk22

there doesn’t seem much difference in the two backpacks, but would appreciate some of your reviews on the poles and back packs that are included in the packages?

Thanks john.

No one every complains with the SLX and Gardiner backpack. You will need the ezy snap female connector on the backpack and the male connector on the pole. I would go for the reinforced hose and turnoff valve on the pole.

No one every complains with the SLX and Gardiner backpack. You will need the ezy snap female connector on the backpack and the male connector on the pole. I would go for the reinforced hose and turnoff valve on the pole.
That reinforced hose is one of the worst I’ve ever used, and I’ve used many.

Hi all

I am after some advice please,

I am a traditional window cleaner but looking at getting a back pack water fed system for some more awkward windows and some dangerous ones with the ladders.

I have looked at many back packs and have narrowed it down to 2,

The Gardiner slx 22 with Gardiner back pack and the Facelift BigBOY 2 Backpack + PHOENIX mk22

there doesn’t seem much difference in the two backpacks, but would appreciate some of your reviews on the poles and back packs that are included in the packages?

Thanks john.
Gardiners mate. Quality kit with quality back up service 

If you're going wfp 'just for the odd tricky window' (that's what they all say) ((never long before you're wfp-ing everything)) 

I personally suggest a 27ft minimum as a 22ft can be a little short full tilt above connies, side extensions etc. 

If you're going wfp 'just for the odd tricky window' (that's what they all say) ((never long before you're wfp-ing everything)) 

I personally suggest a 27ft minimum as a 22ft can be a little short full tilt above connies, side extensions etc. 
thanks darren been researching this all day and going wfp blind,can you recomend a good all round brush. it seems i have a lot to learn ?

Havnt used the other brands but gardiners is what we use slx, xtreme polesand their backpack for when I go thru people's house all excellent bits of kit ?

I manage windows above connies etc easily with a 22ft and you know I ain't tall ?

Just a tip to cut the sack truck out & save yourself space in the van and £30
I really recommend the “nigel” backpack. On sale at the window cleaning warehouse. Its on wheels so no lifting involved.
You will need to fit the handle which does involve screwdriver & socket set but only takes 15 mins & is a small price to pay for the convenience it brings

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just a tip to cut the sack truck out & save yourself space in the van and £30
I really recommend the “nigel” backpack. On sale at the window cleaning warehouse. Its on wheels so no lifting involved.
You will need to fit the handle which does involve screwdriver & socket set but only takes 15 mins & is a small price to pay for the convenience it brings

That’s good to know. I’m in the process of getting my lad trained up on wfp and dont like the idea of both of us being tied to the van by a van mount so I’m looking at various portable trolleys, backpacks etc so I can send him off doing his own jobs. Being able to split up when working as a two covers a lot more ground and saves a lot of time. Double van mounts are great when on big jobs though.

I manage windows above connies etc easily with a 22ft and you know I ain't tall [emoji12]
Most are deffo doable with a 22 but if you was to buy only one pole a 22 would seriously limiting you. My 28 only just reaches many 1st floor over connies and many 2nd floor windows. I’d say get a 22 with one or two extensions then you’ll have the best of both.

That’s good to know. I’m in the process of getting my lad trained up on wfp and dont like the idea of both of us being tied to the van by a van mount so I’m looking at various portable trolleys, backpacks etc so I can send him off doing his own jobs. Being able to split up when working as a two covers a lot more ground and saves a lot of time. Double van mounts are great when on big jobs though.

We work as a pair, we work with van mount now but My son used the pf nano for the last couple of years which is far superior and robust in so many ways  compared to backpacks the footprint is smaller on the nano than a backpack even on the smallest of trolleys, I also have two gardiner backpacks one for going thru terrace houses where no rear access is available etc, the other is on a cheap trolley as we do some flats where there is no parking obviously the the nano is more expensive but better, but I also highly rate the gardiners backpack for the money. 

Most are deffo doable with a 22 but if you was to buy only one pole a 22 would seriously limiting you. My 28 only just reaches many 1st floor over connies and many 2nd floor windows. I’d say get a 22 with one or two extensions then you’ll have the best of both.

Yeah it’s handy as we work as a pair off the same van. Also if you cant park directly outside the place its not so much of a problem as your hose runs from pole to the backpack & not the van. I’ve never liked the idea of trailing hoses from van - property in case a blind person comes along.

We work as a pair, we work with van mount now but My son used the pf nano for the last couple of years which is far superior and robust in so many ways  compared to backpacks the footprint is smaller on the nano than a backpack even on the smallest of trolleys, I also have two gardiner backpacks one for going thru terrace houses where no rear access is available etc, the other is on a cheap trolley as we do some flats where there is no parking obviously the the nano is more expensive but better, but I also highly rate the gardiners backpack for the money. 
My thinking is to have one using van mount and the other using a portable device. At the min he’s 100% trad and it saves loads of time being able to send him off doing the runabouts, terraced backs etc that’s a bit of a ball ache to drag the hose around. There’s no bigger time waster than being under each other’s feet waiting for drips and waiting for each other on small jobs. Not so bad if the van doesn’t move on the more compact domestics and big commercial jobs.

My thinking is to have one using van mount and the other using a portable device. At the min he’s 100% trad and it saves loads of time being able to send him off doing the runabouts, terraced backs etc that’s a bit of a ball ache to drag the hose around. There’s no bigger time waster than being under each other’s feet waiting for drips and waiting for each other on small jobs. Not so bad if the van doesn’t move on the more compact domestics and big commercial jobs.

Yes today he used the trolley on approx six jobs as he was cleaning rear along alleys while I was doing the fronts we have lots of compact work also a couple of cu-de-sac we clean 16 out of 22 houses several of them he as to go up and over flat roof garages I then use the trolley on the last couple of houses they really are handy.

Back