Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of up grading to a facelift hot water system

Adam curtis

Has any one got the facelift hot water system I’ve currently got a cold system 600l I’m thinking about the 625 l 2 man hot water system with 2 electric hose reels has any body got one and if so what’s it like as it’s a lot of money it’s about £8000 in total and the same thing from ionics is £9500 are they worth the money or not

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Has any one got the facelift hot water system I’ve currently got a cold system 600l I’m thinking about the 625 l 2 man hot water system with 2 electric hose reels has any body got one and if so what’s it like as it’s a lot of money it’s about £8000 in total and the same thing from ionics is £9500 are they worth the money or not

Jeez that’s a hell of a lot of cash.

I have a gas water heater that’s only used when the weather is icy.

This is because I don’t think it’s necessary to be using hot water all of the time, so my answer to your question is, no, there not worth that amount of money imo.

Yes hot water all the time is well worth having but a much cheaper option than the two you have mentioned is Grippatank 9 kw system give Oliver a ring and explain what you want it will cost less than both the others you are looking at and it’s very good quality, I have there hydroheat 9 kw on an ionics 1000 ltr system thoroughly recomend it 

Yes hot water all the time is well worth having but a much cheaper option than the two you have mentioned is Grippatank 9 kw system give Oliver a ring and explain what you want it will cost less than both the others you are looking at and it’s very good quality, I have there hydroheat 9 kw on an ionics 1000 ltr system thoroughly recomend it 

£4.5k just for the heater as an add on to an existing system. That's what I was quoted. 

I though the Ionics diesel ‘hot box’ I had in a hire van a few months back, was £3200+ vat But Including installation when I emailed them. It had the summer and winter setting. Really smart piece of kit that’s what I would get if I was spending thousands on a hot water system 

are they worth the money or not

In my humble opinion. No. Now, I've never used a hot water system so I might be speaking totally out of turn here, and I've (only) been using my WFP (cold water) system for 8 months so far. Not ONCE have I ever thought 'if only I had hot water to clean these windows!'. 

The only way I'd switch/'upgrade', is if I was doing nothing but first or one off cleans all day every day. I'm sure then a hot water system would make life a little easier. But £8K man...Christ! 

Sorry forgot to say:

ionics said they can add their hot box to any system, as I told them I just had a diy wydale tank etc

My old boss has the GrippaTank 650 two man hot water system. Yes it looked amazing and overall he never had too many problems and he always sang their praises regarding customer service, but I couldn’t justify the money. Can’t actually remember how much he paid 

In my humble opinion. No. Now, I've never used a hot water system so I might be speaking totally out of turn here, and I've (only) been using my WFP (cold water) system for 8 months so far. Not ONCE have I ever thought 'if only I had hot water to clean these windows!'. 

The only way I'd switch/'upgrade', is if I was doing nothing but first or one off cleans all day every day. I'm sure then a hot water system would make life a little easier. But £8K man...Christ! 

When just starting out it’s a lot of money most don’t have , but once you are established with good work and very busy it’s not a lot of money , I thought the same for many years hot water won’t make much difference but when you use it every day you soon realise just how much of a benefit it is especially on dirty first cleans and especially if you do costal work that’s covered in salt it takes a third of the time to do stuff like that hot water has made a huge difference to the volume of work that we can do in a day , it desolves the dirt so much quicker again seagull poo that’s really oily comes off easily evan when it’s been baked on to glass in direct sun for weeks , it’s a bit like driving a golf gti you think it’s fast then drive a Ferrari and you then know the golf isn’t as quick as you thought it was , is it essential no does it make the working day much easier and more productive yes

I’ve got the purewater hotwash 600 Ltr Ro / Di two man system in my van with x2 electric reels and it’s amazing mate. I’ve used both cold and hot water and in my opinion I’d go for hot water every day of the week. It’s far far better, as it just cuts through any dirt on the frames or windows like a hot knife through butter. Plus the hoses are a hell of a lot better and much easier to work with when they are warm ( that’s a fact!! )

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appForgot to say it’s a facelift system and was fitted by the guys at Windowcleaning warehouse to my specifications with hose rollers etc ( going out the back of van and x2 going out through the floor)

Must say I have been looking into hot water method for winter months & how to do it cheaply ! Some one on here did mention he had put an 240 volt element into his fixed tank in van & had it wired by a sparkly on 16 amp feed, it takes an hour or so before work to get it up to good heat but works great! So I am going to give this method a try as I cannot justify spending on a 'hot box' either .

When just starting out it’s a lot of money most don’t have , but once you are established with good work and very busy it’s not a lot of money , I thought the same for many years hot water won’t make much difference but when you use it every day you soon realise just how much of a benefit it is especially on dirty first cleans and especially if you do costal work that’s covered in salt it takes a third of the time to do stuff like that hot water has made a huge difference to the volume of work that we can do in a day , it desolves the dirt so much quicker again seagull poo that’s really oily comes off easily evan when it’s been baked on to glass in direct sun for weeks , it’s a bit like driving a golf gti you think it’s fast then drive a Ferrari and you then know the golf isn’t as quick as you thought it was , is it essential no does it make the working day much easier and more productive yes

Fair play. The point I was trying to make was I don't need it. I totally agree, like I said, if your are doing a lot of first cleans or need it, like I guess you do if you're near the coast then absolutely, go for it. And I'm not denying it would speed up regular work either. But again, do you NEED it? I have to say no. And I am established with a good amount of work...8K is still a LOT of money! All relative I guess.

Must say I have been looking into hot water method for winter months & how to do it cheaply ! Some one on here did mention he had put an 240 volt element into his fixed tank in van & had it wired by a sparkly on 16 amp feed, it takes an hour or so before work to get it up to good heat but works great! So I am going to give this method a try as I cannot justify spending on a 'hot box' either .

Immersion heater is a good starting point to give you supple hoses in the winter for minimal cost , but it will take a fair bit more than an hour to heat a tank of water to a reasonable temperature ,depending on the size of it 

Immersion heater is a good starting point to give you supple hoses in the winter for minimal cost , but it will take a fair bit more than an hour to heat a tank of water to a reasonable temperature ,depending on the size of it 

Good for heating the van up in the winter so I'm told, no need for oil filled rad sitting inside all night.

Im considering doing this as well

for this winter. 

Fair play. The point I was trying to make was I don't need it. I totally agree, like I said, if your are doing a lot of first cleans or need it, like I guess you do if you're near the coast then absolutely, go for it. And I'm not denying it would speed up regular work either. But again, do you NEED it? I have to say no. And I am established with a good amount of work...8K is still a LOT of money! All relative I guess.
I’ve cleaned with hot water several times, it made no difference at all on normal regular windows, but we did a dirty gutter job in the afternoon with it. And yep i agree it cut through the green a bit easier and took a little time off the job, not loads, just a little. I guess the dirtier something is the more of a gap in time you’ll notice. 

But the softer hose in the winter really appeals as well as warm water occasionally splashing you rather than freezing cold. 

No one cleans dishes with cold water so there must be a reason behind it.
No one eats their greasy fish and chips off their windows either , so when washing the dishes hot water and fairy 

I did a test on dirty PVC gutters to see what degreaser was the best to use. In the end they were all very similar but what made a difference was the temperature of the water I mixed it with. The higher the temperature the easier the dirt came off. If you can afford a hot system then go for it because it wont disappoint especially in the winter months. :1f609:  

Latest Posts

Back