Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Marks from glass sucker left after clean

Hi folks, I’ve encountered a bit of a problem with one of my new jobs. It’s a commercial clean of a hair salon and bar with an entirety glass front.

I clean the inside and out, It’s a new build and I did a builders clean for them first time out so I know the glass is clean. However there’s a huge amount of condensation inside and as soon as it forms you can clearly see the marks left by the glass suckers used when the glass was fitted. 

Has as anyone else encountered this? How do I get rid of it!? 

Thanks folks. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. It’s just a very small film left by the sucker. I do a chippy and it’s always full of condensation inside. Once cleaned it condensates in front of you again and all the squeegee movements are visible due to the microscopic film the soap leaves. . If it’s doing your head in then a little degreaser should sort it out. There will have been something on the sucker thats transferred to the glass that is invisible to the naked eye and can only be seen when condensation forms and the trace disperses the water.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I had the condensation issue in a Hair salon years ago but only evidence of squeegee trail visible when the condensation formed

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I used isopropyl and a 4" Unger scrapper today on these kind of marks and it came off great. It was a first clean on new windows covered in paw prints from the clear silicon they were using. Meant to be a one off but came up so well I have it to do every month now. Handy having the right stuff and equipment stored in van.

I used isopropyl and a 4" Unger scrapper today on these kind of marks and it came off great. It was a first clean on new windows covered in paw prints from the clear silicon they were using. Meant to be a one off but came up so well I have it to do every month now. Handy having the right stuff and equipment stored in van.
0000 steel wool works nicely too.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back