Kleenwell

strugling to find new customers

Rickadoo
On 16/11/2018 at 13:24, Kleenwell said:

i realize this time of year is going to be slow and i did time it wrong to start.

i think my expectations were just a little high from the get go.   i knew it would take time to get established, i just thought i would have seen more

work than i am getting.

i am advertising conservatoire, gutter+fascia cleaning.   internal window cleans.

i dont yet have a gutter vac (i would like one) but as i am using my car, space is at a premium. 

my website is starting to get a few more hits per day.  its steadily building.

my google ad has had over 200 impressions in less than 24 hours.

im just glad i have a weekend job to fall back on at them moment.

i appreciate all the help and comments. i would love to go canvasing.  maybe one day soon, i will have the confidence to do it.

i can phone people out of the blue and then knock their door no problem.  i can judge their personality over the phone.

someone said that the person behind the door can do nothing to me.  but when i worked for n-power, i had hot water thrown over me and even

had a guy come out at me with a bass ball bat.  needless to say, it wasnt long before he was in the back of a police van.   but it didnt do much to help

my anxiety

That’s quite extreme. You have to remember the energy you were selling wasn’t your product. I once asked an energy canvasser to tell me their unit rates, and he couldn’t or wouldn’t. All he said was “we are the cheapest.” Guess what. They werent. I think belief in your product is key. I was once briefly in a sales job selling credit cards to businesses. The problem was that businesses established less than 3 years didn’t qualify. And most other businesses didn’t need the credit cards. This was the most nerve wracking canvassing I’ve ever done. It didn’t last long.  But with Window Cleaning. I knew I could do it, deliver the goods. Took a fortnights holiday walked around the town and looked for dirty windows. Made a list of them then went back when they were in. “Hi. My name’s Rich. I’m a local window cleaner trying to expand my business. Would you mind if I gave you a quote?” Incidentally, the ones i couldn’t get in, and left a card and never heard from them. I had to persevere tho, and visit other towns & villages and another thing. If they have clean windows I didn’t knock. Didn’t want to be nicking work from other window cleaners. Picked up enough work in the fortnight to put my notice in. Hope it goes well for you Kleenwell. 

Edited by Rickadoo