Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

dispatch problem ,

johnny bravo

Hi all, Citroen dispatch will not start at all, no turn  over at all,    Battery charged still nothing,    anyone had same problem, any feedback,     thought i had breakdown cover for car and van  through  emergancy assist,        when i said i use van to and from work,  as you would a car   they classed it as bussiness  and said im not covered,   twa.s, right pished off.      the AA came out last year no problem,       so been calling around for a mobile lecy mechanic,     some dont want to know when you mention van.

anyway anyone had same scenario of non starter..    Could be a fuse,   immobiliser for some reason,    i cannot get van to garage,     maybe join AA again to get it to garage.

The starter on my old corolla died before the summer, and had similar behaviour. A small wack with a spanner made it go again.

Had this with a Citroen Relay 51 plate. Everything was dead. No instrumentation, nothing. The earth wire was bolted to the gearbox and the bolt had corroded and broken the thread casing. Moved the earth cable to another point. Fortunately the gearbox was not damaged so it lived for another day.

It wasn't immediately visible. If you have jumper cables, connect the negative clamp to the negative of the battery and the other end clamp to another bolt on the engine and see if you have 'liftoff Houston'. This was how I found the issue with this van.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had this with a Citroen Relay 51 plate. Everything was dead. No instrumentation, nothing. The earth wire was bolted to the gearbox and the bolt had corroded and broken the thread casing. Moved the earth cable to another point. Fortunately the gearbox was not damaged so it lived for another day.
It wasn't immediately visible. If you have jumper cables, connect the negative clamp to the negative of the battery and the other clamp to another bolt on the engine and see if you have 'liftoff Houston'. This was how I found the issue with this van.
yes i had this problem and it was the earth to gearbox lead,unscrew it,wire brush it and put it back,hopefully that should cure it

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Its a fairly comon problem with steel bolts in alloy casings. Steel and alloy components react with each other and corrode. This is exacerbated by the presence of a heavy current passing though the connection each time the engine is started - around 200 amps. Nickle plated steel bolts reduce that corrossion by not eleminate it. A good idea is to coat the threads of the bolt with copper slip grease which is a further deterent.

starter motor, sorted now.   if your vehicle wont crank up with jump leads ,then its prob the starter motor,     you can hit it with a hammer , this is how i found out.   i had no idea, thought it may be immobiliser problem,       auto electrician called,   found no power getting through to starter motor, hit it with a hammer, found fault, cost £20   but fault found.     £120 for new one fitted.         saves me getting caught out if away from home area..       found not many like to come out to van repairs.

2 days of worry, need to recoup now  funds.

imaging your transport going this time of year,      you need to be out keeping your customers sweet.   Plenty of time off after 24th dec  or before if all work done early

i was thinking of chancing it without renewing the starter,   but too risky.

Back