Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Window Cleaner (hopefully)

Lee89

Good afternoon everyone

My name is Lee and I am from Crawley next to Gatwick Airport. I have been cleaning windows for just over a year now with a good friend using a WPF system.

My plan is to start venturing out on my own in the new year maybe February/ March time so I have between now and then to get some cash flow into the company and time to put in place a Facebook page and business cards etc. And probably the hardest thing of all think up a company name!

Any advice on starting out would be much appreciated.

Company name wise I like the idea of Ladder Monkeys. What do you all think?

It your going to wfp then ladder monkey doesn’t sound right in my opinion. 

My mate employed a Polish guy and he was quick and good at window cleaning especially internals until we found out why. Inside a care home he refused to stand on a stool and used their radiators. After a few months all the radiators fell off because they were on with gyproc fixings. My mate received a massive bill to repair them so he sacked the polish guy before he got his pole back. He finally got it back in two bits, lesson learned so they say.

My mate employed a Polish guy and he was quick and good at window cleaning especially internals until we found out why. Inside a care home he refused to stand on a stool and used their radiators. After a few months all the radiators fell off because they were on with gyproc fixings. My mate received a massive bill to repair them so he sacked the polish guy before he got his pole back. He finally got it back in two bits, lesson learned so they say.
You really do need your say on every subject don’t you ?

AF4007BD-224A-4283-AF0B-15D4AB757338.png

I'm just back in after a new windows clean. Nightmare silicon even on the glass but I used Isopropyl which made life easier. Will be slowing down on the site because I'm getting more customers every week. Once word gets about that I'm getting good at window cleaning they all want to jump on my bandwagon. :1f609:

Thanks for all the welcomes and replies chaps.

I've sacked off Ladder monkeys after some careful thought :1f602: .

Gone for Pane and Gain Window cleaning instead and got a hoodie printed so its not changing now lol.

I've also signed up to Spotless Water which is an absolute touch as there is a station only down the road from me! On that note can anyone recommend a decent backpack/trolley system as this will be my next purchase as soon as payday arrives :1f911: .

Thanks for all the welcomes and replies chaps.

I've sacked off Ladder monkeys after some careful thought :1f602: .

Gone for Pane and Gain Window cleaning instead and got a hoodie printed so its not changing now lol.

I've also signed up to Spotless Water which is an absolute touch as there is a station only down the road from me! On that note can anyone recommend a decent backpack/trolley system as this will be my next purchase as soon as payday arrives :1f911: .

Gardiners backpack is the best for £115 with the female ezsnap connection. Buy a sack trolley for £25 from B&Q to get you started and you are good to go. 

[mention=5882]Incheck[/mention] Do you have a link for that backpack please?

Don't know if im being stupid but I just tried looking for it on window cleaning warehouse and couldn't find it.

Cheers
Looks like they’ve taken it off the shelves [emoji849] they have done this with previous backpacks and it’s very, very annoying.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back