Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Lee89

New Window Cleaner (hopefully)

scottish cleaning service

Handy story of my day for newbies. Went to do 2 flats in a Sheltered Housing complex and was there all day. Ended up cleaning 19 flats outside windows and some want the inside done as well. Everyone I did had some in the front and some in the back and it was like a maze. Everyone chatted away to me and told me to write down the flat numbers but I gave up after trying to work out where they were. Most of the folk were in so I got paid right away. Found it easier to chap their window and ask if they wanted it done. Can see how one place like this can make or break you. If I get most of them then I'm making £200 for an easy day's work each month. Today I just doubled my customers to 50 a month and still cant understand how it happened. :1f644: 

Probably because reliability is my middle name.

steve garwood
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Handy story of my day for newbies. Went to do 2 flats in a Sheltered Housing complex and was there all day. Ended up cleaning 19 flats outside windows and some want the inside done as well. Everyone I did had some in the front and some in the back and it was like a maze. Everyone chatted away to me and told me to write down the flat numbers but I gave up after trying to work out where they were. Most of the folk were in so I got paid right away. Found it easier to chap their window and ask if they wanted it done. Can see how one place like this can make or break you. If I get most of them then I'm making £200 for an easy day's work each month. Today I just doubled my customers to 50 a month and still cant understand how it happened. :1f644: 

Probably because reliability is my middle name.

Didn’t you say you’re a newbie yourself?

I'm talking with the housing association regarding the cleaning contract. Just goes to show how one customer can influence a domino effect! Here's hoping I get it and all the rest.

Lee89

Thanks for all the handy advice chaps. I've now purchased a trolley off eBay from a mega helpful lad which is due to arrive tomorrow :1f603:.

Here is a link to it if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LUCAS-WFP-Window-Cleaning-Trolley-TOP-SPEC-LOW-PRICE-LOOK-WARRIOR/113417282363?hash=item1a6832633b:g:3p4AAOSwhhlb8r~0:rk:10:pf:0

Ill let you all know how I get on :1f44d:

Just done a smoker internal today. Had to do it 3 times because of the nicotine but charged double.