Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard lesson to learn

CM Cleaning Services

Hello all

Well had my first bad experience yesterday !!! 2 farm houses joined together customer wanted all external gutter , soffit and fascia cleaned including windows frames and sills .... My initial thought happy days nice job to get in the portfolio

Well if I ever experience a day like it again it be too soon by end of the day I could barely lift my right arm [emoji23] 5hrs on the job on my own was hard going I clearly under estimated the difficult angles , time it would take the price [emoji849]

Only after I had finished had they informed me oh yeah we haven't had them cleaned for 20 YEARS !!!! also how much to clear the insides in the new year please ?‍♂️

A positive to take away from it was the experience and there now an 8 weekly service on the windows at a nice fee

Live and learn as they say IMG_20181116_133535.jpegIMG_20181116_100050.jpegIMG_20181116_100035.jpegIMG_20181116_100038.jpeg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Well done for finishing it, not easy working with the brush upside down is it. At the end of the day if you hadn't done it you wouldn't have learned, or got the windows, so whilst not win win over all still a win. 

Well done for finishing it, not easy working with the brush upside down is it. At the end of the day if you hadn't done it you wouldn't have learned, or got the windows, so whilst not win win over all still a win. 
Thanks it was hardest day I've done in the job so far ..... Yeah the brush angles was tricky to get in all corners and clips etc but was a sense of relief to finish it [emoji23]

I would say it’s a result fella...all that in 5 hours for one bloke is really good going [emoji106] how you got the gutters above the roof on your own is a bit puzzling, hope you didn’t risk any dodgey ladder antics!
Well done though

I would say it’s a result fella...all that in 5 hours for one bloke is really good going [emoji106] how you got the gutters above the roof on your own is a bit puzzling, hope you didn’t risk any dodgey ladder antics!
Well done though

Them dormer gutters was a nightmare .... Admittedly there not perfect because of the slope of roof meeting the edge but there definitely an improvement lol ..... And no ladders was used in the whole time on the job everything was wfp and a good amount of no nonsense degreaser

I remember when I started I priced up a bungalow with an extension and a big conservatory on it they wanted a plastic clean and windows and conservatory all doing took me a day and a half and I priced it at a low price thinking it would take a morning , lol what a costly mistake that was , but I learned from it and didn’t make the same mistake again , I could now do the job in less than half the time , you will also be the same when you get more experience you will be quicker and price it higher , for one that badly stained I would use a bleach mix to put on it first to kill all that algy and moss then give it a scrub with the pole and rinse with the garden hose 

Nor me mate but I took  125litres of red hot water in five containers for the job Friday morning. Started 8.30am finished midday didn't use one and it was still warm. Made a hell of a difference. Going to do the same with every fascia wash now till the weather goes warm. 

Latest Posts

Back