Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Paying to make a website

Maund

I have been trying to build a website using a website builder, I have re done it for the fifth time now because it never looks right.

So I'm thinking of getting someone to make one for me, so I googled for some companies that could do this, and there is a lot of different options available.

I just want to see how much you guys paid to get one done, and how it turned out.

I just want something pretty basic but want it to have SEO? 

You can easily pay £700 to have a WordPress site built from the scratch, thankfully I only ever paid half of that.

County Durham Lad

This is where I’m fortunate enough to have a loving better half in the marketing world who built mine and maintains it in any spare time she gets.. along with designing fliers etc. I’ve saved so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

This is where I’m fortunate enough to have a loving better half in the marketing world who built mine and maintains it in any spare time she gets.. along with designing fliers etc. I’ve saved so much!

Cool story Dane..

There's usually one well known in your town and they usually come up near the top in a Google search. My guy gets a visit from Google every so often and tells him how things change. Then he has to change things a bit like making them all for mobile phones rather than PC,s. Over 50% of searches are done through mobile phones so its a different format. Mobile phone searches are rising exponentially now and the other is declining so that's the format you want to be on. :1f609:

There are step by step guides on You Tube how to build a WordPress site just make sure if you go down that avenue the You tube vid is recent as WordPress is constantly updated and it's easier to complete for a rookie when all the screens shots are identical for you to follow.

It's not that hard. Also go on You Tube and watch some videos on Yoast it's a WordPress plugin your site will need to do the SEO.

Make sure you get your free Google - My Business listing, and link the new website to it.

Then make sure you list your business with as many free business listings and detail your services and website address. Do it locally and nationally as it helps your website rank.

I have multiple pages on my website for window cleaning targeted at different towns. 

Some towns I rank higher than others but I have found having individual pages improves my ranking than just - Window Cleaning Durham..

Same with all the add on services, all individual pages targeting different surrounding cities, towns, villiages.  

But ranking changes from day to day depending on what Google does with its algorithms. I t time for your website to rank don't expect mazing results for a few months. 

Also make sure you watch a You Tube video on - Google Search Console as you need to detail your website once built on there so you can index your website and its pages. This helps ranking a lot. 

I think a website looks good on the van but not sure if it will bring in the work which you think it will. I have got a few add-ons with it but I wouldn't rely on it. Word of mouth is the best and getting seen in the area you are targeting. As time goes on, you just add customers without even thinking about it, I'm up to 50 within 18 months without pushing it.

I agree you can add customers without realising but when you push with the various routes you can take (website, fliers, canvassing, Facebook - no particular order) then you really can fill your books. Especially if after you have X amount of customers then you push any other add on’s. A website is professional, it’s nice to have one but it can be a luxury to some

Word of mouth etc works a little different in a way these days such as FB when people ask for recommendations on residents pages for example and also a website can boost sales as it gives people more of an insight to how professional etc you may be, also I have over 260 clients signed up to GoCardless via my website 

Word of mouth etc works a little different in a way these days such as FB when people ask for recommendations on residents pages for example and also a website can boost sales as it gives people more of an insight to how professional etc you may be, also I have over 260 clients signed up to GoCardless via my website 

I’m still pushing the Gocardless mate and it’s on my site, some just won’t quite bite haha... they’ve paid via BACS for years so not like they’re paying but just want it on my terms

I’m still pushing the Gocardless mate and it’s on my site, some just won’t quite bite haha... they’ve paid via BACS for years so not like they’re paying but just want it on my terms

It's taken me almost 5 years to get where I am with GC every new job has to sign up to GC before the first clean commences otherwise they don't get their windows cleaned, there has been 100's of new builds near me so it's been easier as |I have focused on refining my rounds on these new estates, next year it will be over 300 on GC. 

It's taken me almost 5 years to get where I am with GC every new job has to sign up to GC before the first clean commences otherwise they don't get their windows cleaned, there has been 100's of new builds near me so it's been easier as |I have focused on refining my rounds on these new estates, next year it will be over 300 on GC. 
How do you get them signed up mate? Do you get them to go through your website, send them a link or just sign them up when you're doing the quote? I've been telling them we usually collect via direct debit and sending them a link to my website. One signed up and the other didn't, she emailed me and said she would rather pay by BACS. Not wanting to lose a customer I said thats fine but its cash or card on the day of the first job ?‍♂️

Latest Posts

Back