Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gunslinger.

Never heard of it before, but seems like a nice bit of kit. I like the way it catches spills, and that there's plenty of room.

I like to be able to set my boab on the floor though. And I don't carry a separate tool belt so would be cumbersome for me to attach every time.

And the name itself is honestly off-putting. Almost as bad as walking around with a huge NINJA sticker on your leg. ?

Never heard of it before, but seems like a nice bit of kit. I like the way it catches spills, and that there's plenty of room.

I like to be able to set my boab on the floor though. And I don't carry a separate tool belt so would be cumbersome for me to attach every time.

And the name itself is honestly off-putting. Almost as bad as walking around with a huge NINJA sticker on your leg. ?
Luckily it hasn't got gunslinger written all over it! [emoji846]
I took the plunge and bought one,after initially having reservations on the price of it.
It's a good bit of kit,but needs improving (like most things in the window cleaning business)
I bought it,for its size,which is much better for fitting applicator(s),plus squeegees,and also because its not plastic. Years of squeegee channels rattling around in a plastic boab, has taken its toll on me mentally. I'm ready to kill after 6 hours of rattling! [emoji15]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have heard it been slated across the web, for leaking and the supplier told people to put a piece of sponge in the bottom, also not being able to get refunds @ £50 or whatever the price is I would say stick with what works 

I have heard it been slated across the web, for leaking and the supplier told people to put a piece of sponge in the bottom, also not being able to get refunds @ £50 or whatever the price is I would say stick with what works 
No leakage yet on mine,had it only about 3 weeks,so early days yet.
But it looks well constructed
I'm not expecting it to leak,it may do in time,but if it does,it's a pretty easy fix.
In my opinion it's a step in the right direction for sure,bigger slots for tools,means I'm quicker getting tools in and out of it. More options for carrying more tools. Much more stable on my leg and belt. And one of the better things,it's not made of plastic,so not going to have rattling and clanking all day! Bliss! [emoji4]

Got to order them from America. Reach it sells them. Think it works out at just over £100 with import duty added. Which is a fair chunk of wedge, I'm expecting it's longevity to be good,it's a roll of the dice in that respect. But I couldn't be doing with rattling,discomfort, small tool slots,wet leg etc anymore.

£100 ??
County Durham Lad
Yes £100 is a lot,and I pondered the decision to buy for a good while,I also looked at the samurai,which is half the price,but it's made from blown plastic,so going to have same annoying rattling,and it's not developed to fit moerman handles.For me personally the £100 is worth it,for a variety of reasons,that I've already explained above.

Do I think it's over priced.... Yes.

But is it still worth me buying...Yes.

It's an individual call,I guess.

I wouldnt dream of spending £1000 on an iPhone,but some people do,but buying something that makes my life easier,and more comfortable for 6 hours a day,is a good investment.... In my view.

Here's Steveo doing a 6 month review of it. 
This guys channel is pretty good. 
https://www.youtube.com/embed/JawYAGuxv6k?feature=oembed  
[/URL]
Thanks for sharing that green pro,I'd not seen that video.
When I bought mine,I had in the back of my mind that I wanted it to last 5 years. And I think that's achievable. I don't use the clip that opens it up in half to tip out excess water much. Only when I clean it inside. What I do,is when I take my belt off after a couple of jobs,I just turn the whole thing upside down. Works a treat. [emoji846]
Other than bashing it on the odd thing,bins,walls etc, it doesn't get much abuse.
I can see mine is wearing slightly where I slide squeegee in to where it opens in two,but that's not going to be an issue, I don't think.

http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954

Thanks for sharing that green pro,I'd not seen that video.
When I bought mine,I had in the back of my mind that I wanted it to last 5 years. And I think that's achievable. I don't use the clip that opens it up in half to tip out excess water much. Only when I clean it inside. What I do,is when I take my belt off after a couple of jobs,I just turn the whole thing upside down. Works a treat.
emoji846.png

Other than bashing it on the odd thing,bins,walls etc, it doesn't get much abuse.
I can see mine is wearing slightly where I slide squeegee in to where it opens in two,but that's not going to be an issue, I don't think.

No idea mate, not got one and no plan on getting one either.  These days the squeegee is lucky if it sees a monthly outing let alone frequent enough use to warrant changing from a BOAB

If anyone is looking to get a gunslinger they are on sale just now. 25% off with a deal of 50% off if you buy 2nd one

Last edited by a moderator:
Back