Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutted, injured!

BigFoot

Slipped a disk picking up a plate of biscuits, a plate of bloody biscuits!!!

couldnt move for 15 mins, took an age  to stand up, I’m shuffling not walking.

Slept on the floor last night and still there now.

forget about ladderwork I need someone to spot me picking up Biscuits...

Can happen at anytime mate. They say walking is good for it. I was nearly the same way last night. A guy verbally attacked me and nearly pulled me out of my van, he said I wouldn't allow him to cross the road. Church was coming out and it was mayhem, cars all stuck in the middle of road. Police appeared and he calmed down, they call it pedestrian rage because of to many motors on the road. :1f644:  

Slipped a disk picking up a plate of biscuits, a plate of bloody biscuits!!!

couldnt move for 15 mins, took an age  to stand up, I’m shuffling not walking.

Slept on the floor last night and still there now.

forget about ladderwork I need someone to spot me picking up Biscuits...
Ouch.. did the same years ago picking up a pack of pot noodles and sneezed at the same time

Cocodamol and ibuprofen and an ice pack will help

@Dave B Been using the ibuprofen rub but it’s not touching it I’ll get some strong meds off my friends that has fibromyalgia today to cover me until I see my chiropractor tomorrow. Never had this before, It happened when I had friends and their children over for a party following the Christmas lights being turned on in our town, wife had to be host as I had a lie down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Give yourself as much time as you need to physically get over the initial shock (i was horizontal for 48 hours)
It’s never nice when it happens. Hope you make a speedy recovery
emoji123.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Lying on a bag of frozen peas ATM living the dream!

Lying on a bag of frozen peas ATM living the dream!
Aye it’s quite frightening isn’t it. Luckily when it happened to me i was outside my parents house so i only had to crawl from the grass verge to the front door. I dread to think what would have happened had i been out & about. One reason why you never park over a customers driveway [emoji51]

Seek out a local Chiropractor and pay him/her a visit.Do it tomorrow and nip this in the bud.When you attend, they will carry out an appraisal and let you know what the appropriate course of action is.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

This is the risk when you work for yourself. At the end of the day you are only as good as your body allows you to be. Sh*t happens, things go wrong. It's such a worry of mine and I can see why guys employ, you may take a hit for awhile money wise but apart from expanding.. it does give you that safety net when injuries, holidays etc occur.

Oof, that's a tough one. I've been there before, mate. And it's always the innocuous stuff that gets you! Can be pushing hard all day, and then pulling on a pair of socks somehow does your back in. Or maybe I'm just getting old...hope you're back on your feet soon! Damn these flesh prisons.

Few months back was standing up getting off sofa and managed to rupture the cartilage in both my knees!!! Couple days off, X rays etc and with 2 knee braces I carried on slowly, only working till it hurt. Still give me problems now, but can get through a whole day again. Just take it easy, when your back I work just work till it's uncomfortable then stop, even if you've only done 3-4 jobs, at least your getting through some work albeit slowly.

i blame iburphen for my hernia,        taking lots of times can weaken your stomach linning,        i used to get tennis elbow every few months,   from weight training didnt help,   always iburphen  used,         didnt realise the damaging effects it could have.         ok    temporary i suppose

Back