Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need an alternative to the Squeegee App

P4dstar

Premium Member
Evening chaps. I've been using the Squeegee app for about 3 months now. Before I start on I just want to say I am a massive advocate of the app. I appreciate the super quick responses I have received whenever I have had a question. I find it relatively easy to use and I think it will end up being the next cleaner planner...

There was always going to be a ''but'' and unfortunately the app is not 100% ready. Constantly filled with bugs that has now started to affect my business. A few days ago I had £500 outstanding which is around 5x what I normally have. Upon closer inspection I can attribute several of these late payments to issues with the app. Customers emails still in pending 7 days after the clean, emails failing to send. Then there have been several customer claim they never received an invoice even though the app tells me it has been sent. If this was just one I would have given the app the benefit of the doubt but I'm not sure.

Since using the app the key issues I have faced are;

- Reminder texts failing to send (Now appears to be resolved but I do check them all manually after sending each day)

- A customer who was marked as paid with GC was given the option to pay manually. This threw the app out of sync and showed him under owing. 

- The same customer above has cancelled his DD as a result of the issue. He told me the only reason he set up direct debit was because I removed PayPal and he prefers to be in control

- Several customers have told me their invoice has not been received

- An email sat in pending for 7 days so the customer didn't receive their email

- Failed emails to customers who have previously been sent them

- No notification system to alert you to failed emails or texts

There have been promises for a little while now of notifications for failed emails and texts. The support team tell me that failed emails will be a result of them being sent through their system instead of my SMTP. They have kindly offered to help me set up SMTP and I am waiting to hear back if I will need to check emails manually my end or if they will be visible in the app.

As I say I am a massive fan of the app but I don't think its finished. It has affected my business and I feel the sensible thing to do is consider an alternative. £10 per month is a bargain but not if it doesn't work as it should. I can see the hard work that has gone into the app so far and in my short time using it I can see the constant improvements and I am sure they will grow to be the biggest and best in the industry.... I would say however that if these issues are not addressed quickly then paying customers will just move away to something more reliable.

I tried CP once before. I didn't put a lot of effort into the trial but it didn't seem too simple to use. I have seen an app called smart round and I've heard of Aworka. Can anyone give me any advice on these or anything else I could use should I decide to knock Squeegee on the head for now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Squeegee was excellent too and am confident once the fine tuning is sorted out they will be dominating the market. I trialled Enterprise version for around a week but had to go back to CP. 

For me CP is flawless so far and would never even have considered moving if it wasnt for their lack of/ridiculously slow customer service. My advice would be take a little time with cleaner planner. Iv not tried any other software so cant comment on them

Get on the phone to Squeegee and persevere. 

I found it buggy to but the minute it's reported they're all over it. It has Improved massively in the month I've been using it and this is because of their relentless effort to fix issues and make it a market leader. 

I watched videos of squeegee and was for moving over after reading reviews on this. Originally I didn’t really like aworka because it was to basic looking but now I think the basics of it actually is more appealing. 

Get on the phone to Squeegee and persevere. 

I found it buggy to but the minute it's reported they're all over it. It has Improved massively in the month I've been using it and this is because of their relentless effort to fix issues and make it a market leader. 
I've emailed them mate. The response was that emails are likely to land in spam if they are sent from a bulk server and I can set up my own SMTP. That is great but it won't let me see that an email has been sent without checking my outbox. Also I think the function for someone to manually pay who is on GC is just silly, it would get messy if they didn't until the evening before the DD was due.

I'm not set on moving to something else and if I did I think it would just be a stop gap until they have sorted this sort of stuff out. I just thought it was worth asking you guys instead of suffering in silence haha.

I thought Squeegee was excellent too and am confident once the fine tuning is sorted out they will be dominating the market. I trialled Enterprise version for around a week but had to go back to CP. 

For me CP is flawless so far and would never even have considered moving if it wasnt for their lack of/ridiculously slow customer service. My advice would be take a little time with cleaner planner. Iv not tried any other software so cant comment on them
CP is just dated from what I've read about it. I also found it fiddly and confusing for a first time user. Squeegee has some issues when you first start for example it isn't easy to change a job to a different cycle. I still haven't worked out how to end a cycle completely without making a customer inactive.... These probs were nothing compared to CP, I just didn't get it.

***I just want to retract something I have said, if you switch to SMTP you do get a sent notification in the app but not delivery notifications.

I agree, it is dated and they could do with keeping up with advancements in the newer features like what squeegee are doing, but as of now CP is more consistent, less bugs, emails are sent when they are showing as sent etc but this is just what I have found. Squeegee will be top of the tree very shortly. It wont be long before its sorted, just like Green Pro said - they are so fast at addressing any issues, customer service wise are 100% spot on. Until the bugs are sorted though its CP for me.

You guys may not remember the birth of CP.  It was even more buggy than Squegee.  Rob got it good....tuned it.... upped the prices.... took away phone support and decided support was by email Monday to Friday only 8am till 5pm.   Now let me write an email during that time..... oh HOLD ON.... i'm busy cleaning windows.

When I have software issues I want instant resolve, someone to hold my hand and walk me through it... not wait up to 3 days for an answer. 

I did like the text local integration that CP has but just found out today that some users have been getting FREE sms service whilst thr rest of us have been getting mugged off. 

I was a huge advocate of CP till Rob got it fat enough to mug us all off and sit back collecting subscriptions 

You guys may not remember the birth of CP.  It was even more buggy than Squegee.  Rob got it good....tuned it.... upped the prices.... took away phone support and decided support was by email Monday to Friday only 8am till 5pm.   Now let me write an email during that time..... oh HOLD ON.... i'm busy cleaning windows.

When I have software issues I want instant resolve, someone to hold my hand and walk me through it... not wait up to 3 days for an answer. 

I did like the text local integration that CP has but just found out today that some users have been getting FREE sms service whilst thr rest of us have been getting mugged off. 

I was a huge advocate of CP till Rob got it fat enough to mug us all off and sit back collecting subscriptions 

What do you mean by this? I pay for texts, is there a way I don't have to?

CP is just dated from what I've read about it. I also found it fiddly and confusing for a first time user. Squeegee has some issues when you first start for example it isn't easy to change a job to a different cycle. I still haven't worked out how to end a cycle completely without making a customer inactive.... These probs were nothing compared to CP, I just didn't get it.

***I just want to retract something I have said, if you switch to SMTP you do get a sent notification in the app but not delivery notifications.
CP to some might be dated but in terms of usability on a daily basis it's pretty straightforward to use even for me, I tried my best to get on with Squeegee but found it a pain even the basic stuff seemed impossible to me. I just want something to work straight out of the box if you like and CP does just that and with pricing on CP IMHO it's clear pricing as in the price you see is the price you pay the £10.00 a month for squeegee is for me £25.00+ because of the extra charge for using GoCardless and for me it's way off were it needs to be at that price,  @P4dstar if you can build your website CP should be a walk in the park 

Back