Jump to content
P4dstar

Need an alternative to the Squeegee App



Recommended Posts

Squeegee App
9 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:


It's all fine and dandy getting emails to tell you about the failures but if some clients leave the house for an early shift like before 6-7am and gates can't be unlocked then it's lost income, Now I will point out one potential cause in that if 100's of texts are been sent by multiple people collectively through a server at the same time then this could cause an issue with CP you can set the time for reminders to go out and a suggested recommended time was 7pm I had clients getting texts at 11.30pm so I altered my time and clients were getting them in minutes not hours later. This is the stuff both texts and emails for reminders and invoices that should be working without issue there has only been a few times in the last 3 years or so of using CP that a client has told me he never got a text but it wasn't an issue and no lost income,

 

I couldn't even find out how to set texts up for those that needed reminders there is supposed to be a default setting so that everyone gets texts but it was banging my head against a brick wall I attempted to set up reminders for some jobs on one day and canceled the reminder as it was clear what action to take and jobs ended up been rescheduled for 4 weeks ahead. :banghead3:if multiple people come on here in 6 months time and say it works like a charm then I will take another look. 

 

Happy to walk you through this, like we said in emails, moving your whole business to a different piece of software takes a bit of time. 

 

Rescheduling appointments is a completely different function of course, and again, very happy to walk you through all of this. All you need to do is ask, that's what we're here for! 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
5 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:


It's all fine and dandy getting emails to tell you about the failures but if some clients leave the house for an early shift like before 6-7am and gates can't be unlocked then it's lost income, Now I will point out one potential cause in that if 100's of texts are been sent by multiple people collectively through a server at the same time then this could cause an issue with CP you can set the time for reminders to go out and a suggested recommended time was 7pm I had clients getting texts at 11.30pm so I altered my time and clients were getting them in minutes not hours later. This is the stuff both texts and emails for reminders and invoices that should be working without issue there has only been a few times in the last 3 years or so of using CP that a client has told me he never got a text but it wasn't an issue and no lost income,

 

I couldn't even find out how to set texts up for those that needed reminders there is supposed to be a default setting so that everyone gets texts but it was banging my head against a brick wall I attempted to set up reminders for some jobs on one day and canceled the reminder as it was clear what action to take and jobs ended up been rescheduled for 4 weeks ahead. :banghead3:if multiple people come on here in 6 months time and say it works like a charm then I will take another look. 

It's really easy to send the texts but not automated you have to click and send SMS reminders. Its all a learning curve for me, I vaguely tried CP but never got on with it although I will admit I didn't try hard enough really. I'm not gonna lie some words that I wouldn't repeat in front of my mother were said in the van yesterday morning when I got the emails. I had one of my busiest days, no time for a lunch break and basically chasing the sun down from 8am so I didn't really have the 10 mins to text all of my customers manually but I managed to dodge a bullet and I will continue to check all texts manually. Its easy for me though because the most I normally have in a day is 10-15, I can imagine having the amount some of the more established lads have would be a massive issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
7 minutes ago, Squeegee App said:

 

Happy to walk you through this, like we said in emails, moving your whole business to a different piece of software takes a bit of time. 

 

Rescheduling appointments is a completely different function of course, and again, very happy to walk you through all of this. All you need to do is ask, that's what we're here for! 🙂

 


Thank you, but as said previously I prefer for things to work straight out the box more so when I would be paying around £25,00 a month inc GC fees, I feel that it's been built by developers that maybe they haven't considered the not so bright people like me were things should be glaringly obvious to set up and amend and with in excess of 360 clients to manage and need uncomplicated simplicity.  

Share this post


Link to post


Squeegee App
22 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

It's really easy to send the texts but not automated you have to click and send SMS reminders. Its all a learning curve for me, I vaguely tried CP but never got on with it although I will admit I didn't try hard enough really. I'm not gonna lie some words that I wouldn't repeat in front of my mother were said in the van yesterday morning when I got the emails. I had one of my busiest days, no time for a lunch break and basically chasing the sun down from 8am so I didn't really have the 10 mins to text all of my customers manually but I managed to dodge a bullet and I will continue to check all texts manually. Its easy for me though because the most I normally have in a day is 10-15, I can imagine having the amount some of the more established lads have would be a massive issue.

 

We've had a number of requests over the last few weeks for making automated reminder messages as it's a feature that is found in products like textlocal, so we're working on adding that to Squeegee in the near future. 

 

The reason it's more complicated for us to build this than other pieces of software is that we also allow you to send messages using your mobile text allowance on ios and android which cannot be automated 😊

 

Share this post


Link to post
Green Pro Clean Ltd
3 minutes ago, Squeegee App said:

 

We've had a number of requests over the last few weeks for making automated reminder messages as it's a feature that is found in products like textlocal, so we're working on adding that to Squeegee in the near future. 

 

The reason it's more complicated for us to build this than other pieces of software is that we also allow you to send messages using your mobile text allowance on ios and android which cannot be automated 😊

 

No, but it takes 3 clicks to text the whole job list for tomorrow through Squeegee using my android text service.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
It's really easy to send the texts but not automated you have to click and send SMS reminders. Its all a learning curve for me, I vaguely tried CP but never got on with it although I will admit I didn't try hard enough really. I'm not gonna lie some words that I wouldn't repeat in front of my mother were said in the van yesterday morning when I got the emails. I had one of my busiest days, no time for a lunch break and basically chasing the sun down from 8am so I didn't really have the 10 mins to text all of my customers manually but I managed to dodge a bullet and I will continue to check all texts manually. Its easy for me though because the most I normally have in a day is 10-15, I can imagine having the amount some of the more established lads have would be a massive issue.
I think for some maybe CP is like a spreadsheet in the parts and maybe appears outdated and less appealing to some but it's stupidly simple to do all the tasks within CP, take drag and drop for example dated maybe but very easily done to rejig individual jobs across a week if needed.

It's a bit like a Chromebook it takes 4-6 keys to copy and paste something and I ain't managed it yet, copy and paste is simple on windows so why make something harder than it needs to be just to be different I sacked off the Chromebook and stuck with with my old laptop [emoji16]

County Durham Lad

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
4 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I think for some maybe CP is like a spreadsheet in the parts and maybe appears outdated and less appealing to some but it's stupidly simple to do all the tasks within CP, take drag and drop for example dated maybe but very easily done to rejig individual jobs across a week if needed.

It's a bit like a Chromebook it takes 4-6 keys to copy and paste something and I ain't managed it yet, copy and paste is simple on windows so why make something harder than it needs to be just to be different I sacked off the Chromebook and stuck with with my old laptop emoji16.png

County Durham Lad
 

I didn't like the whole chromebook thing. The best bit was the loading speeds. I moved to a MacBook Air in 2015 and its as fast today as it was the day I bought it. Prior to that I was basically spending £350 a year on a good laptop. I would highly recommend making the change, although there are a couple of differences to get used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
I didn't like the whole chromebook thing. The best bit was the loading speeds. I moved to a MacBook Air in 2015 and its as fast today as it was the day I bought it. Prior to that I was basically spending £350 a year on a good laptop. I would highly recommend making the change, although there are a couple of differences to get used to.
Issues with other platforms is Microsoft Office doesn't fully work and my wife needs to amend documents using office.

County Durham Lad

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar
Just now, Iron Giant said:

Issues with other platforms is Microsoft Office doesn't fully work and my wife needs to amend documents using office.
 

This is very true, Pages and Numbers are free though and you can save the document in Office format. Not ideal for bulk working though.

Share this post


Link to post
HALTON
No, but it takes 3 clicks to text the whole job list for tomorrow through Squeegee using my android text service.

[emoji106] and 3 clicks to reschedule a whole days work over to another day.

 

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar

I just moved all my texts over to IOS and all the emails over to my own SMTP settings. Made a text booking using the wife's details. All worked fine although she told me to feck off tryna bill her a tenner when I ain't cleaned the windows in 6 weeks 😂

Share this post


Link to post


Squeegee App
9 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I just moved all my texts over to IOS and all the emails over to my own SMTP settings. Made a text booking using the wife's details. All worked fine although she told me to feck off tryna bill her a tenner when I ain't cleaned the windows in 6 weeks 😂

 

We recommend only billing the wife in exceptional circumstances 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

This is very true, Pages and Numbers are free though and you can save the document in Office format. Not ideal for bulk working though.


She works for the County Council and they use office as do other councils and as she is job hunting at the moment as well editing an entire document in office  means she can do what's needed and send the multiple paged document as one complete attachment, not each page individually as with other operating systems which also have missing data we found. 

Share this post


Link to post
P4dstar

An update on this. I moved over to my own SMTP settings and using my own text system. No failed texts and as far as I can tell no failed invoices. I've managed to sort the bulk of my outstanding invoices at least back to a reasonable level. Can't fault the support from the Squeegee team at all. 

Share this post


Link to post


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.