Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial Gutter Clear price

DJT

Hi guys, 

Just after peoples thoughts on pricing this gutter clear job.

Its at a commercial premises.

Large commercial guttering. I paced it out at roughly 50 paces long, and there's two sides so total of 100 paces of guttering. The owner will be getting a cherry picker and paying it direct as he wants to claim the VAT. So I think i'm just looking at labour cost. Location is west midlands. I'm thinking of £300. Am i miles out or about there? 

On a slightly related note. I'm also getting more and more enquiries of gutter cleans for rental properties that are managed by a company. how do people run gutter vacs if they cant get access to a plug socket? cheers. Dan. 

IMG_20181120_161233.jpg

Be very careful on jobs with gutters like these. They are much deeper and wider than normal house gutters and gutter vacs really struggle with them if they're full of leaves. This particular job looks a breeze though as there are no trees, unless they're behind the building. If I were you I'd have a look in first and if there's nothing in them, highly likely in my opinion, I'd quote him £350 and pretend to vac them ? Don't tell @Denthough. This would save him the cost of the cherry picker and make you more money. I have a large generator that goes with me on every gutter vac job.  

If you dou go up on the cherry picker take a few buckets and a long brush with a small brush head, will reduce the need to move the cherry picker. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d be charging a lot more for a job like that. I’d be looking at at least £400-£450+vat. You’ll be amazed about how much will come out of gutters like this and how much you’ll be bagging up! I’d say that’ll take around a day to complete to a good standard!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

It’s about 100 meters then ? With a cherry picker it’s a dodle do you have an ipaf licence ? Or is it coming with an operator as it’s a commercial property be careful you don’t get caught out with them automatically assuming you have one . Time wise it very much depends how much is in them ,allow a day but a morning might do it if there isn’t much in them ,  what’s happening with the waist are you getting rid of it ? There could be a lot in gutters like this just for labour 300 is ok , more would be good ???, but do t kill the golden goose as it will probably lead to more work ,We have two gutter vacs one is mains electric and the other runs off a genie so we are self sufficient with power . As part timer sais these gutters can hold a lot and big plants evan trees can grow up there with quite big root systems that a vac won’t remove ,we always do a camera survey first so that we know what we are dealing with before quoting as it’s easy to get caugh out if it’s worse than you are expecting good luck Ime sure it will go well 

Like the idea of a camera survey or a drone if allowed.
Anyone that is seriously considering getting into this type of work has to get a camera. 

It allows you to price the job accordingly, i.e the big gutters with nothing in can be priced very competitively as it will take longer to get there and set up then it will to do them. The other side is the really bad ones you can quote a price knowing it will take you a lot longer to do so you don't end up working for nothing. 

Absolutely, I fitted my camera to the top of my gutter gooseneck. Now realise its better on my WFP to give a quick insight to what's in the gutters. Don't need camera when vaccing because its all done by feel only experience teaches you this. 

Thanks for that guys. Looks like I'm there or thereabouts. I was gonna block out the whole day to do it just in case anything happens. In terms of the genny for the gutter vac would I have to wire it differntly than a normal domestic plug?

And yes im looking at getting a decent camera for the gutters, just wondering which to get. 

Back