Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

YOUTUBE SOON TO BE BLOCKED IN EUROPE

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

As you may know I run a youtube channel where I share tips and advice on the window cleaning world and small business in general.  

Youtube has taught me how to cook well, how to do repairs around the house, fix my vehicles and much more from funny cats to angry Russian truckers and what really happened to JR! 

Well EUROPEAN LAW is meddling again.  ARTICLE 13 is a proposed new law to protect copyright of companies and artists, (which, what many of you don't know as a retired photographer I earn royalties monthly from stock image sales around the world) As an artist that gets a decent portion of his income from the sale of copyrighted works I am all for more stringent protection of my rights. 

This will help prevent things like noobs just taking images off of Google and using it on their own sites without permissions or paying a royalty.  

HOWEVER AND IT'S A BIG HOWEVER this is going to have unforeseen consequences around the world.   YOUTUBE could disappear from Europe within a year.  This is not just a YOUTUBE Issue it will affect FB video uploads and more -- it will inadvertently put us on a playing field with North Korean type censorship.   

This isn't a Green Pro scare special this is fact.  Please watch and share the video below and spread the word #saveyourinternet

That’s the first I heard about it. Really hope it doesn’t come about. What’s the chances of it happening? 

The chances are fair -- seriously, I don't campaign for much in this world other than better rates for window cleaners but you MUST share this video anywhere you can and take whatever action you can as it is one that is being sneaked in quietly behind the lines.  You will wake up one day to find 90% plus of youtube / facebook / twitter content etc banned in europe!  

The war on the internet is here. Now, this subject goes INCREDIBLY deep. But, ultimately, it's a war against our very freedoms. That might seem like a ludicrous statement, but that's exactly what it's gonna come to. Like you said @Green Pro Clean Ltd something like what the North Koreans have. It is my belief, that the European Union is nothing more than a Fascist dictorship. The mere fact that they're now calling for their own army and wanting to call it an 'Empire' is incredibly worrying!! THAT, amongst other reason is why I chose to LEAVE when we had the referendum. Even after that 'win', look what's happening...they're not letting us leave really..and they never will. At least without a humongous fight.

Again, this subject is part of a much bigger subject. A subject that I have been researching now for over 13 years. A subject we that ALL need to know about cos one day it'll be on ALL of our doorsteps. A subject that goes back into history about a very insidious agenda that the whole world needs to know about. But they never will..why? Because we're all so busy with family and work and most of the public are only concerned about who is doing the next bushtucker trial on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here or who shot Phil Mitchell on Eastenders. Meanwhile, while we're all distracted and/or busy, they are slowly, but surely, implementing laws and statutes every single day that are chipping away at our very freedoms and what we can and cannot do or say. 

This here is just another thing to tighten our free speech and they won't stop here believe me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldnt live without you tube and facebook,

But how will it affect us if we leave the E.U ?

The internet started out as free for all with regards security and downloading pirated content etc and now its becoming a lot more strict. There was the data protection act and then the big thing over those streaming boxes. Everything has  been censored and copywrited which i suppose it has to be as copywrite infringement hurts the economy......but hey, whatever happens happens

At least if they ban Facebook it will stop all those tos5ers posting where they are and what their bloody eating.

I detest these self absorbed bellends

At least if they ban Facebook it will stop all those tos5ers posting where they are and what their bloody eating.

I detest these self absorbed bellends

What did you have for tea Ste? I had potato wedges and beef in Yorkshire pudding. I then had half a Terry's chocolate orange for nibbles. Not sure what to have for breakfast tomorrow. What will you have for breakfast? 

What did you have for tea Ste? I had potato wedges and beef in Yorkshire pudding. I then had half a Terry's chocolate orange for nibbles. Not sure what to have for breakfast tomorrow. What will you have for breakfast? 
Well take a selfie with it, and make sure you do one of those stupid goldfish pouts that these attention seeking bores do ?

To be realistic, YouTube is owned by Google. 

Google at this point has the power of a country in its own right. I don't think it would allow YouTube to lose essentially half its audience. 

You tube and social media is simply the future. 

I know a lot of you older chaps ? hate it but it's the same with any advancement it technology. Embrace it or get left behind. Same as when mobile phones came out or the internet sprung up....people deny it then end up eventually getting on the band waggon..or not and missing out.

If anyone thinks social media is just what did you have for tea you are missing out....the power is huge, its global and it's the biggest thing since the internet was created.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people might need to remove their videos if it show houses or other people on them that didn't agree to it. More work for lawyers, the sooner we leave the EU gravy train the better.

Back