Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone do Communal cleans?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

In the summer I took on one small block of flats where I do the hoovering of the stairs etc...

I've just noticed 2 light bulbs are out, and I'm not entirely sure if that's down to me yet, so before I get in touch with the management company, I wondered what the procedure is with regards to replacing and getting my money back, and what to charge for changing them!

Do I just send them a copy of the receipt, as obviously I'd need one for my own records/accounts.

Also, everything is done electronically with this agent, so would you scan in the receipt and send that, or is it all done differently??

I'm half-minded just to say/do nothing until I'm asked by somebody.

Thanks in advance 

I'd just email them telling them there are 2 bulbs out and you would charge £20, or whatever you want, to change them. Be careful though because I doubt you're insured to do this and might need to supply your RAMS ? You shouldn't be expected to change lightbulbs, or maintain anything, as you're a contracted cleaner. If you get the go ahead just stick the agreed figure, listed separately, on your invoice, they don't need the receipt.

I'd just email them telling them there are 2 bulbs out and you would charge £20, or whatever you want, to change them. Be careful though because I doubt you're insured to do this and might need to supply your RAMS ? You shouldn't be expected to change lightbulbs, or maintain anything, as you're a contracted cleaner. If you get the go ahead just stick the agreed figure, listed separately, on your invoice, they don't need the receipt.
Excellent PT, Thanks!

I just didn't even think that I wouldn't be insured, but you're right! Some definitely need a ladder to get to too. Some are the 5ft long double tube bulbs with plastic casing that needs unscrewing. Pain-in-the-butt when it's unexpected and u just wanna get on. Rainy day work!

Thanks again!

A factor charges a minimum £50 plus the value of the bulb to change it. They used to send out an electrician but probably use a handyman now. Watch you don't break anything or you will be liable.

A factor charges a minimum £50 plus the value of the bulb to change it. They used to send out an electrician but probably use a handyman now. Watch you don't break anything or you will be liable.
Thanks mate. There was one out for weeks when I started, and it eventually got replaced, so I think I’m just going to stick to the cleaning only on this one - unless they comment on it of course. 

Thanks mate. There was one out for weeks when I started, and it eventually got replaced, so I think I’m just going to stick to the cleaning only on this one - unless they comment on it of course. 

If you report a light out and then injure yourself then litigation could follow. If it was hindering my work then I would change it without anyone knowing.

Latest Posts

Back