Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winterising static tank and ro/di

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kleenwell

Evening all

i thought I would share my attempts to winterise my static tank and to filter.

as you can see in the pic, I have built a box around the filter and lined it with silver bubble wrap.   Also what can’t be seen is a 12v 12w self adhesive heating pad.   This heats to 90degrees.   Radiating up and keeping the box temp at 17degrees 

this is wired to a digital temperature controller.  Cutting in at 8 and out at 10 (outside air temp)

my static tank is wrapped in the same bubble wrap and has a 300w 12v heating element fitted.   This is again on a digital temp controller.  Set to cut in at 15 and out at 20.  Then this system is also on a timer to cut in at midnight and out at 7am.  We are on economy 7.

the water right now is sat at 19degrees and has not had any heat source since 7am.

the reason for 12v systems is because I intend to run it off leisure batteries which will be charged off a large solar array.   I can then have it heat during the day and night should it be cold enough.9348AE7C-EAF5-4E0B-B197-C6FD7319E921.jpeg

Just like mine, except I chucked silly money at it (being lazy) for a Stanley tool box about that very size which has doors on it. I boxed-it in on the inside filled with roof insulation, and have a 3" thick polystyrene slab that fits the exact size of the frontage that just pushes in nicely before the doors close. So far, so good! I went a bit OTT on it as mine froze and split open one morning. £££

Just like mine, except I chucked silly money at it (being lazy) for a Stanley tool box about that very size which has doors on it. I boxed-it in on the inside filled with roof insulation, and have a 3" thick polystyrene slab that fits the exact size of the frontage that just pushes in nicely before the doors close. So far, so good! I went a bit OTT on it as mine froze and split open one morning. £££
I do have a door. Look to the left lol

i spent about £12 on wood

heat pad cost £4

insulation, £26

already has the 12v power supply (900w)

i had the water heater anyway to pre heat the water before my Webasto boiler

tem controllers were £7 each

timer was £10

so all in all not that much spent

it’s currently 3dgrees out and the box is still in the mid teens.

and water is still above 18

Latest Posts

Back