Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional Marks on Top of window

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joshyouare

When I do my first pull from top left to top right with the squeegee it looked like it was leaving marks on the window, not streak lines but just weird marks. Think I even made a post about it a few weeks ago. Anyway, I thought it must be the rubber so I ordered a bunch of new stuff (which I couldn't really afford but oh well) and tried it again. The marks were still there on that first pull.

I then realised that it was only on that first pull, when I continued doing the window, the bottom was fine, no marks at all. So I thought, I'm doing the exact same thing at the top as I am at the bottom. So I looked at the window from a higher POV and the marks were gone. When I looked at the windows from a lower point of view, they were appearing on the second and third pull across the window.

Also, I can't really tell any difference between squeegees, one thing I ordered was an unger ergotec ninja squeegee, and it seems to do the exact same job as the moerman, so just wondering what is meant by "no detailing" squeegees and things like that?

Probably the angle your holding the squeegee, moerman squeegees are not very forgiving. Try starting in the middle of top frame see what happens

Aye, its just the angle of attack and the amount of pressure you are putting on the squeegee. As for no detailing, the rubber end goes against the edge of the window leaving no soap. Usually nothing to do with the rubber but all to do with technique. Just practice till it all comes together.

When doing the top I twist my wrist slightly to apply more pressure to the part of the squeegee that are highest.

Or I attack it at a very shallow angle sideways.

Or I do the top twice, once from left to right and then the other way.

If you're using an applicator pad you may need to wipe along the top frame before you squeegee, because the applicator will push water up on to the frame, also, you might try wiping the squeegee before that first 'Sweep'. And, as someone has said, you need to get that angle right.

If you're using an applicator pad you may need to wipe along the top frame before you squeegee, because the applicator will push water up on to the frame, also, you might try wiping the squeegee before that first 'Sweep'. And, as someone has said, you need to get that angle right.
Yeah it's a difficult one for me to understand, been bugging me for a while, i'll try adjusting the angle, I leave a bit at the top when using the applicator.

Back