Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Glass Roof Clean Issues

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Feel like a right numpty but need to ask some advice on this.

Cleaned the glass panels on, well, not sure what it is, a sort of extension at the back but is part of the original house. It has glass panels which to me looked like normal windows and I approached them as such. They needed a clean but nothing serious, just a normal clean would do, I thought. So I gave them a good scrub and rinse. Unfortunately they haven't turned up very well. I'll post pictures next, from my phone. Just wondering what I can do to get them clean. Thanks guys.

3E8AC4A2-7A98-42B8-8AE9-894BA875D6A8.jpeg

D6FDBC5B-0026-4AE7-960E-200499A23A6A.jpeg

9E204BE4-6363-474D-BAF3-EA9FC7AC80F5.jpeg

Some streaks are internal but most external. Was a bright day so difficult to capture them in photos.

Had this b4 especially on glass roofs - usually end up finishing off with a squeegee blade if you want it perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

This can be quite common on roofs like this we give it a goood scrub with the pole then rinse with the garden hose to get rid of all the dirt under the flashing then go over it again and rinse with pure the side windows are probably the same trapped dirt coming out of the framework give it a good rinse and it should be fine  . If it’s a regular job you will probably find it will be fine next time 

That lead flashing won’t be helping that glass either will end up turning those panels white in years to come unless it’s treated regualary.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If you rub the ‘stain’ with a microfibre and it doesn’t come off the glass has been stained by the lead. You’ll need to get up close and personal with some pink stuff (if it’s light staining) or bar keepers friend if it’s a stubborn one. Quite time consuming so if your charging for it make sure you tell them it’s an extra

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back