Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Footwear

This one again lol

British army extreme cold weather boots 

Last years and toasty warm feet up to about -13

Got a pair of Karrimoor walking boots from sports world. They are waterproof & very warm. It’s the 3rd pair I’ve bought, But they only generally only last 6 months wearing them everyday, but at £40 not too bad I don’t think. 

Suits me as I only wear them in winter, trainers in summer 

This one again lol
Right I'm sure you've heard same question many times before ?cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Got a pair of Karrimoor walking boots from sports world. They are waterproof & very warm. It’s the 3rd pair I’ve bought, But they only generally only last 6 months wearing them everyday, but at £40 not too bad I don’t think. 

Suits me as I only wear them in winter, trainers in summer 

Right cheers pal

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
This one again lol
These look like the real deal!
Just ordered a pair from eBay £89.99.
I’ve had 2 pairs of karrimors and while they’re cheap i don’t find it takes long for the soles to wear out and don’t seem to be 100% waterproof.
If these army boots last 10+ years they’re a no brainer

These look like the real deal!
Just ordered a pair from eBay £89.99.
I’ve had 2 pairs of karrimors and while they’re cheap i don’t find it takes long for the soles to wear out and don’t seem to be 100% waterproof.
If these army boots last 10+ years they’re a no brainer
They need polishing at least weekly, apart from that all I've done is had to re-rivet an eyelet after it popped out.

In this weekend's Independent they did a top 10 on walking, hiking shoes. I bought a pair of Merrell Mens Moab for £73 now £76 reduced at the moment. Will let you know how I get on with them but they get a great wright up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Mens-Hiking-Boots-Beluga-x/dp/B01HFA7NDE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1544959123&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=merrell+mens+moab+2+gtx+low&psc=1
Working 5 days a week through the winter walking across wet lawns they won't hold up as there is no way to fully waterproof the outer so they will end up leaking through the fabric, where with a leather pair of boots they can be polished or treated with a suitable leather conditioner, working 5 days a week through winter doing 7-8 hr days is pure abuse on footwear which is a great deal more than any hillwalker will do, I've spent £100's on the best hiking boots for work and they don't just take the abuse, I take a size 6 to 6.5 so not always easy to go for other recommendations within this post.  

They are just for the tarmac houses and general walking about. For my grass jobs, I use the fire brigade rubber boots which they gave me when I retired. Best boots I have ever worn and never let in, everyone should get a pair. I had to return the shoes for a 10.5 because they were too tight but they are coming today.

Thanks Darren for recommending Lord Sugar's book, halfway through it. He was made to sell, must be in his dna and he reminds me of someone on here who even looks a bit like him. :1f602:

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard really good things about the Dewalt water proof ones. Just been to Screwfix and picked a pair up. Seem top notch and they're on offer at the moment.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-recip-safety-boots-black-size-10/94428
Been using these since I posted this comment. Spot on! Just looked and they're on offer again. The first couple of days they were a little stiff around my shins but they softened up quickly. Alright to drive in, good grip. When you get them muddy just give them a little rinse, the tread on them is laid out so they clean off easily. I would highly recommend.

Latest Posts

Back