Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Start Up

Good luck, don't know if there's enough work just doing gutters and fascias to earn a living. If you're not looking to do windows I would personally look to get into pressure washing as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, don't know if there's enough work just doing gutters and fascias to earn a living. If you're not looking to do windows I would personally look to get into pressure washing as well. 
Thanks yeah was looking at other stuff as well one being pressure washing. 

Hi, I converted my maxblast to the skyvac industrial 50mm inlet, 10m skvac 52mm hose with both connectors just over the £200 mark. All bought from Spinaclean, well worth considering if you don't want blockages.

I would say that is correct when it comes to PVC cleaning because no one seems to do it up here. My wee mate started cleaning FSG's and he was inundated because the windy cleaners didn't want to do it. They all said the same thing, I will get round to it in the future.

Two separate lads up this way PT. If you don't book at least six weeks in advance you aren't getting a look in!  
Different areas, different scenarios. Never done a gutter clear in Sunderland as trad guys do them for a tenner a side. You also have the case of bigger cities tend not to have many trees so gutters aren't done, and if they are it's once every 5 years. 

Thats good i have skyvac hose any way so just the inlet , and a bonus spinaclean 5 min drive.
Hi Robert
Good luck mate. I have a gutter clearing only business up in Scotland. I have been going about 2 years. In the summer i do a little bit of FSG cleans but only when I'm asked by customers that also want their gutters cleared. I don't advertise I do it, I even say on my website that I don't do it cause really I don't find it as lucrative for me as just the gutter clearing. I find I am busy just doing gutter clearing all year. Do a good job and the repeat business is great! At the moment I'm nearly booked out until Christmas and a lot of it is repeat business.
You say you have a Spinaclean/Skyvac hose already. Is that for the Atom? The Atom has a 38mm hose and the side inlet is for the 50mm hose that comes with the commercial or industrial Skyvac so just worth checking out before you buy. Any questions just ask away.
Danny

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi Robert
Good luck mate. I have a gutter clearing only business up in Scotland. I have been going about 2 years. In the summer i do a little bit of FSG cleans but only when I'm asked by customers that also want their gutters cleared. I don't advertise I do it, I even say on my website that I don't do it cause really I don't find it as lucrative for me as just the gutter clearing. I find I am busy just doing gutter clearing all year. Do a good job and the repeat business is great! At the moment I'm nearly booked out until Christmas and a lot of it is repeat business.
You say you have a Spinaclean/Skyvac hose already. Is that for the Atom? The Atom has a 38mm hose and the side inlet is for the 50mm hose that comes with the commercial or industrial Skyvac so just worth checking out before you buy. Any questions just ask away.
Danny

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers Danny im sure my hose is 50mm will double check it , Yes it is for the atom . 

Back