Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Day Rate For Jobbing Window Cleaners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Whizz-Bizz

Hi everyone seems like ages since Ive been on here, Just wondering what the going rate is to pay a cleaner to help on other peoples rounds. So for example one of my guys wants to go on holiday but still needs to service his customers, how much should he pay the guy to cover him ?.

when i worked for a guy, i was getting £50-£60 a day, but some only pay minimum wage.

but on one job i had, i said to the guy that was working with me, if we can get this done in a day, i'll pay you £100!

78 flats later he got £100!

So do you think paying someone £150 for £400 in cleaned work would be a fair wage ? thats the sort of rate I was thinking off because cleaning other peoples work pretty much stress free I think.

personaly thats a bit over, but depends on area you live really.

the guy i paid £100 to it worked out just over £14 a hour!!! if you employ someone just for cover you can get away with paying less, at the moment there are a lot of people out there that would work for it.

Thats not a bad rate £14 an hour for a jobber, Id prefer to pay a bit extra to keep the work quality high, also I think it would deter them from approaching the work for themselves.

Thats not a bad rate £14 an hour for a jobber, Id prefer to pay a bit extra to keep the work quality high, also I think it would deter them from approaching the work for themselves.
could go the other way too tho, pay to much and they think its great and then go for it themselves coz they think there is a lot more money in it for them! its just finding a happy medium.

Your probably right to be fair, How much would you pay someone for cleaning say £500s worth of work ?

So do you think paying someone £150 for £400 in cleaned work would be a fair wage ? thats the sort of rate I was thinking off because cleaning other peoples work pretty much stress free I think.
Paying someone £150.00 for for £400.00 worth of cleaned work ?

Hes making more money then u !

Why is he ?

Cos u got diesel costs.. insurance costs... tax to pay.... at the end of the day hes earning more then u overall !

I wouldnt dare pay someone that much sorry but i wouldnt

Some people do but i wouldnt lol

Id make sure i cover all my expenses first then id work everything out /emoticons/smile.png

Lets flip this on its head H how much money would you want as a cleaner to clean £400s worth of someone elses work ?

Well to be honest... its got nothing to do with the worker who works for whoever how much they earn... they are workers at the end of the day mate....

Its like working in a shop or takeaway and saying i want more money becasue u turn over 2 grand a day ! Your goign to get the same wage in a quite shop then u are in a very busy shop /emoticons/smile.png

Doesnt work like that mate... their workers at the end of the day if they want a better wage tell them to go elsewer... enough said /emoticons/tongue.png lol

Its a tricky one isnt it but I find if you pay peanuts you get monkeys
Myabe a few tears ago but now unemployment is so high, there a lot of good hard working people out there in need a of a job. some are just looking for a job just to make ends meet.

its swings and round abouts. i would just stick to an hourly rate, that way if they start and 2 hours later it throws it down like it has been you only need to pay then for those 2 hours, not for the whole day!

Usually I would just pay a day rate, regardless of what I was bringing in.

So if someone was working with me, say 8am-3pm, I'd pay between £60-£80, depending how good they were.

That's if we clean £200 or £2000. They're working for a day so doesn't matter what you're making from it really.

Usually I would just pay a day rate, regardless of what I was bringing in.

So if someone was working with me, say 8am-3pm, I'd pay between £60-£80, depending how good they were.

That's if we clean £200 or £2000. They're working for a day so doesn't matter what you're making from it really.
i agree, dont matter what you make, after all you are in it for the business not to give your profits away!

Back