Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Identifying a gutter bracket help

Ted 321

Afternoon all. I've been asked to quote to clean these gutters and noticed a bracket that's snapped. Done some googling and for this shape of gutter I can't find anything like it!!

Therefore would really appreciate any advice you have on sourcing this part as it's leaking at the join. And if no part can be sourced what options does the customer have: new gutters (but extreme) or something else to secure it tight to each other.

Thanks

Ed
d4dcc1ad1cb058efcc49008c921dbbef.jpg

8c801ccc90d9f5f43dd728713211aa0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

On some gutters it will have the makers name stamped into it like marley or what ever on the brackets or ends might pay to have a look and see if it’s on there at all if not I would take that corner off and try a few local suppliers or ask the customer if they know who installed it . Failing that if you gave it a good clean on all the seals then re fit it with silicon on the joints it will usually give a water  tight seal 

Thanks PJJ. Appreciate your reply and as it's local (same estate) I'll pop round and see what names/numbers I can take from it. Ed

Thanks PJJ. Appreciate your reply and as it's local (same estate) I'll pop round and see what names/numbers I can take from it. Ed

I did one exactly the same not long ago. All I did was bore a 3mm hole through the clip and gutter near top. Made sure gutter was dry and  put some silicon on the old rubber seal. Then all I did was fit a screw in the hole and held a small piece of wood inside the gutter and screwed them all together and then cleaned off the excess silicon. My mate told me its never leaked since. If you track down the new gutter clip/bracket then you will have to take off the full length of gutter to fit it. By doing so, you will probably snap the rest of the brackets because they are brittle. That's why I always just silicon and screw it back together again because I've been there and won't do it again. :1f609:

This stuff is amazing 

Good Ideas Best Selling Waterproof Sealant Paste- Seal Fix seals instantly, apply to wet or damp surfaces. Bitumen, tar and asbestos free. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002HY2EJ2/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_B7U-BbSCPHJ7D

That's like the stuff me and my mate use when bolting plastic gutter onto old cast iron gutter. Ours is grey mastic which you can apply with a silicon gun. Good thing about the mastic is it stays soft so it can let the gutter expand and contract with the weather.

I sealed a waste pipe of a shower from the inside of a leaking pipe using that stuff. Saved taking down a ceiling below it. Ugly stuff but very effective. You could not see I had used it. 

Appreciate your responses guys! Will get on Amazon and order some of these products you mentioned [emoji106][emoji106]

I did one exactly the same not long ago. All I did was bore a 3mm hole through the clip and gutter near top. Made sure gutter was dry and  put some silicon on the old rubber seal. Then all I did was fit a screw in the hole and held a small piece of wood inside the gutter and screwed them all together and then cleaned off the excess silicon. My mate told me its never leaked since. If you track down the new gutter clip/bracket then you will have to take off the full length of gutter to fit it. By doing so, you will probably snap the rest of the brackets because they are brittle. That's why I always just silicon and screw it back together again because I've been there and won't do it again. :1f609:
Was thinking about this option of using a small screw - top advice thanks!

**Update**
Thought I'd update with what happened on this one. I couldn't source a new bracket so went with some of the suggestions previously mentioned. Ordered some CT1 and used this (after cleaning the sill of debris) plus drilled a 3 mm hole and popped a screw in. This seemed to do the job however bugger me this CT1 is a bugger to use, it just stuck to me and not the gutter!! Every time I laid it down and smoothed it with my finger it just came off and stuck to my finger!! It was the opposite I was expecting!! Thanks for your help all!

Looks like a Celuplast gutter.It’s their lighter profile range.Think it’s called Titan

Back