Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soapy Isopropyl??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

Morning folk!

I started with a little bit of this in my tank on Friday  The first thing I noticed was the windows soaping up!  Couldn’t figure out why it would. 

I even thought I must’ve had some Ubik on my brush from the day before or something, but the soapy wash was consistent throughout the day. 

Is this normal??

I emptied my tank over the weekend anyway, and filled it with just water this morning and Soapiness. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning folk!

I started with a little bit of this in my tank on Friday  The first thing I noticed was the windows soaping up!  Couldn’t figure out why it would. 

I even thought I must’ve had some Ubik on my brush from the day before or something, but the soapy wash was consistent throughout the day. 

Is this normal??

I emptied my tank over the weekend anyway, and filled it with just water this morning and Soapiness. 
It does create globules in the washing and rinsing water according to some who have used it. It looks as though you still have a bit of muck left behind on the window after rinsing. How much Isoprop did you put in your tank and how big is your tank?

We have noticed that a capful of rinse aid does the same in 650 liters of water. It was recommended by someone on one of the forums and I throught we would try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do be honest, I didn’t measure it out, I just poured what I considered to be a small amount

It does create globules in the washing and rinsing water according to some who have used it. It looks as though you still have a bit of muck left behind on the window after rinsing. How much Isoprop did you put in your tank and how big is your tank?

We have noticed that a capful of rinse aid does the same in 650 liters of water. It was recommended by someone on one of the forums and I throught we would try it.
To be honest, I just poured what I considered to be a small amount from a 1ltr  bottle into a 450ltr tank. 

Do be honest, I didn’t measure it out, I just poured what I considered to be a small amount

To be honest, I just poured what I considered to be a small amount from a 1ltr  bottle into a 450ltr tank. 
I've never used it tbh, but others say that the windows will dry fine.

I have used ipa very strong and it is still fine

Just walk away and don't panic it will dry fine

We sometimes add 500ml to 1000l as antifreeze precaution. 

Dont see how rinseaid would act as antifreeze @spruce 

It was never meant as an antifreeze @Green Pro Clean Ltd. It was alledgely just an aid to rinsing and was supposed to give a shine to the windows. I found it didn't do anything in my experience. But it also left these globules down the window after I rinsed and I didn't feel comfortable or confident using it. The windows did dry fine but not knowing if the globule was the rinse aid or a bit of dirt was the issue.

Yeah it's not soapy, it's just bubbles. I get the same effect when the windows are very salty.

Have tried rinse aid, and it didn't do much for me apart from placebo feeling like you made it cleaner due to the bubbles. I have since added a DI after the tank, and figured the granulate would remove the additive anyway.

Back