Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Xmas tips and employees

Dave Shaw

How does everyone share their tips? I’m gonna split mine 50/50 with my employee. Also treating him to a large bottle of his favourite tipple and a night out. Can’t really do much of a works do with only two of us. Also how do you go about receiving tips if collect payment via gocardless?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tips you have to declare and are taxable, cash gifts aren't [emoji6], but due to online payments I don't get that much anymore.

County Durham Lad

No way that’s a bummer. My mates just found out he’s not getting his Xmas bonus. He looked like Chevy Chase off national lampoons[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
That's what someone said on here last year not 100%, I am lucky if I get £30 at most but not bothered in all honesty as have a full rounds and decent wage is enough for me.

County Durham Lad

Not really, I have been trading over 18 years and years ago most were cash payers I now have in excess of 250 clients paying via GoCardless, the other 120 mostly pay bacs with around 40 paying cash, things have changed in many ways and most people just don't tip as they once did this is a generational thing and some people having less money.

County Durham Lad

I had over 700 in tips last year. Can’t see us doing aswell this year but said that last year and beat the previous year. Currently of sick and not very promising weather the next few days ??

I usually get £400ish, usually from the cheaper jobs. My £8-12 jobs give more than my £18+ jobs. Hence why I will be aiming to get all my smaller jobs in over my bigger jobs if I start running out of days

I work commercial, used to be great but these days absolutely dreadful. Lucky to get a sh*tty bottle of rock gut wine. Don't expect to get anything nowadays.

Back