Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vacuum camera

I use a £24.99 go pro style from Robert Dyers. Fits straight on to the end of my expendable wfp.

I just go round quickly before and after with the camera.

Lg 360 cam screws onto Gardiner WFP 

Camera attachment which slots into SLX. 

Camera connects to phone, takes, pics, videos and live view. With it being a 360 cam you just need to place it over gutter and you can pan around over what you need to see. 

Most the time I make a video and then just watch video and I know where the problems are. Rarely need it though..

I bought a camera and screen from ebay for £180. Was going to use my phone but didn't want to risk damaging it. I think you will use the camera for 1 in 10 jobs because its all done with feel now.

I use the skycam from spinaclean. It is quite expensive but sometimes you can find second hand ones on ebay. I keep thinking about buying a drone for aerial shots seeing as you can pick these up pretty cheap nowadays. 

I use the skycam from spinaclean. It is quite expensive but sometimes you can find second hand ones on ebay. I keep thinking about buying a drone for aerial shots seeing as you can pick these up pretty cheap nowadays. 
You would need a licence to operate the drone. I have a Skycam and I'm very unimpressed with it. Would have sent it back if I hadn't damaged it on the 4th job I used it on. Not as good a picture as my 4 year old cheap Chinese cam. 

I’ve been debating on a cam as it would be nice to simply to see how far the roof tiles hang over and to find out what type of material is in there (anything problematic like roof material, slipped tiles, dead birds, or twigs)
It is a luxury i haven’t bothered splashing out though and if you’re starting out it’s certainly something you can do without. You’ll soon know if the gutter is clear as you will hear the vac against the plastic and nothing will be coming down the tube

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sometimes there handy so you don't end sucking a cable or a roof tile that's in the gutter by mistake..

Sometimes there handy so you don't end sucking a cable or a roof tile that's in the gutter by mistake..
If your main customer base is standard 1st floor residential work then personally I wouldn't bother as not many jobs can't be sorted by getting the ladders out. If however you are looking to do 2nd floor, or higher, then a camera is essential to check before you quote. 

You would need a licence to operate the drone. I have a Skycam and I'm very unimpressed with it. Would have sent it back if I hadn't damaged it on the 4th job I used it on. Not as good a picture as my 4 year old cheap Chinese cam. 
You dont need a licence just permission for the UK.

Umm ok. Seems to be mixed views on this. https://www.heliguy.com/drone-license-guide-i68 

It also says on the website you provided that you can fly drones without a licence providing they are under a certain size away from buildings and people if you are using a camera. Which would defeat the object of using a drone for checking gutters.
Yes but not if you're doing it commercially, some might say what's the chance of getting caught but if you do I'd be very surprised if you weren't prosecuted 

It actually states in your link if you're going to be using it commercially you need a licence. Actually don't call it a licence, they call it permission. You will still need to go through the process which will cost you money. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm ok. Seems to be mixed views on this. https://www.heliguy.com/drone-license-guide-i68 

It also says on the website you provided that you can fly drones without a licence providing they are under a certain size away from buildings and people if you are using a camera. Which would defeat the object of using a drone for checking gutters.

You do need a licence you would be using it commercially , as a private person you cannot operate one within 75 meters or people I believe , we had a neibour down the road from us using one flying over the back gardens filming people sunbathing , I phoned the police he was arrested and charged with public order offences and using a drone with out a licence the drone was also confiscated, after the court case it was destroyed 

Yes but not if you're doing it commercially, some might say what's the chance of getting caught but if you do I'd be very surprised if you weren't prosecuted 

It actually states in your link if you're going to be using it commercially you need a licence. Actually don't call it a licence, they call it permission. You will still need to go through the process which will cost you money. 

Yes you are quite right it’s a caa licence the same applies if you are with in a set distance from a military base and airport , the guy I mentioned in the above post also got charged with both these contraventions as well 

I got a Go Pro type camera. I only really use it for a final check or if a section is giving me problems. A camera looks professional and a few customers have commented on it. I don't know how to connect mine to my phone using the data. I can connect it to my home WiFi, but I'm not asking a customer for their WiFi password. If anyone knows how to I would be grateful.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm going to look into using a gopro with bluetooth to connect to my phone.

Need to make sure the vluetooth would work at the distances I'd need it to. Failing that I could always connect it to my gardiners and just keep checking the progress that way.

Back