Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SEO man anyone heard from him

Thanks I've got a decent website but I can't understand why I don't get enquiries all work seems to come from Yell.
I'm just in the middle of doing some SEO work on my website. If you know your way around the dashboard to change your site its worth working on yourself and learning. SEO is an every changing thing so advice given in 2016 may not be relevant in 2018. You can see where you ranked for different searches through Google under the webmaster tools. Let's assume for example you set the SEO to rank for the search ''Solihull Window Cleaning'' you may be ranking 2nd or 3rd page but for ''solihull window cleaner'' you may be ranking on the second page with the same settings. This means without the correct phrase in your settings you are ranking highly, if you change the settings and put the correct phrase in place you will more than likely jump to page one. This is just one example of the things that SEO guru's look at.

Another good thing to do is search Google (not logged into your Google account) for the searches you want to rank for, take ''Solihull window cleaner'' as the example again. If you rank down the page look at the snippet that other people have, that is their SEO settings. change yours to be similar, not directly the same or you'll lose places but similar will boost your ranking.

Google like sites that are fresh and relevant. It's good to change your site from time to time. Adding a blog is a good way if you have the time to manage it. A facebook news stream is another. If a site is showing the same info for 5 years it is deemed to be irrelevant. There are companies out there that will assist you. I used one for another business but the bulk of their offering didn't work because the site was built with Wix and I didn't have access to the back end to change the Meta Data. 

Another thing I just got from a conversation with an old friend who works for FastHosts. If you’re paying for advertising with the likes of Yell then check your bounce rate. This is the % of people that click your website and then click off within a few seconds. The hosting companies believe there is a strong chance that companies you pay to advertise on your behalf are increasing your bounce rate specifically so your website drops down the Google rankings. This puts you in a position where you believe they are the best place to get your leads from. Google will drop you further and further down if they believe your content is not relevant and the primary measure is your bounce rate!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm just in the middle of doing some SEO work on my website. If you know your way around the dashboard to change your site its worth working on yourself and learning. SEO is an every changing thing so advice given in 2016 may not be relevant in 2018.

This is very true, and if you have the time and inclination then great get it done.  Or you could be a technotard like me and not have a clue about such things, or perhaps your time is more valuable to you.  Mine works out about £25 per week for SEO (ongoing) and we get DAILY customers from our web site so in short worth every single penny I pay Yazz at WayUpSEO. 

they are the best place to get your leads from

They are not the best place to get your leads from!!  I am!! ?

This is very true, and if you have the time and inclination then great get it done.  Or you could be a technotard like me and not have a clue about such things, or perhaps your time is more valuable to you.  Mine works out about £25 per week for SEO (ongoing) and we get DAILY customers from our web site so in short worth every single penny I pay Yazz at WayUpSEO. 

They are not the best place to get your leads from!!  I am!! ?
To be fair a properly trained SEO expert would do a much better job than any of us could do purely because they will keep up to date with the changes. At £25 a week it only needs to bring in 2 leads and it will pay for itself. I haven't changed mine in months but I wanted to be productive while it was/is hammering down and blowing a gale.

Back