Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

move 1/2 mile and takes 10 hours to produce 250 litres!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Damn it. I didnt think my ro could get any worse. It was taking 4 hours to get 250 litres, 3 waste to 1 pure. ( when I first had it was nearly 60/40 waste/pure for some reason)  Now ive moved half a mile and its ridiculously slow, would take 10 hours for 250 litres. The pressure is worse, about 30 wheresas it was 50 at the old place. Its a 4021. Its only about a year old and hasnt produced a huge amount. I flush it and have changed pre filters. I splashed out on it to get production done quicker but Im beginning to think I would've been better off getting a smaller cheaper set up.Really cheesed off with it. Cant really spare for a pricey booster, and probably wouldnt change things anyway. I just dont get why there has to be such a strong flow of waste and a nats **** of pure. I cant reply yet to any ideas as using library pc (waiting for talk talk set up) but appreciate any ideas. will get back.

Or increase your static storage, then it doesn't matter if it produces slowly.

I have 600l storage and only 350l tank.

Then get a booster pump when you can afford it. It's good for the membrane as well.

booster pump seems defo the way from what ive read on the forums over the year. I think maybe my xmas pres to myself (as well as a large ladies stocking full of beer)

On another point, I know its been said before somewhere but cant find it, what kind of pump, if any would you use to push collected rain water through the di? I believe the di likes quite a slow rate, could even gravity be enough?

Also, back to the booster, I presume the increased flow/pressure wouldn't be detrimental to how long the resin lasts? I'd have thought not but just wondered. Great to hear views on these things.

oh yes, it weren't quite as bad as 10 hours, took 8 in the end, but still a shock. Amazing how the water pressure looked/felt the same as at previous property but obviously wasn't. 

Damn it. I didnt think my ro could get any worse. It was taking 4 hours to get 250 litres, 3 waste to 1 pure. ( when I first had it was nearly 60/40 waste/pure for some reason)  Now ive moved half a mile and its ridiculously slow, would take 10 hours for 250 litres. The pressure is worse, about 30 wheresas it was 50 at the old place. Its a 4021. Its only about a year old and hasnt produced a huge amount. I flush it and have changed pre filters. I splashed out on it to get production done quicker but Im beginning to think I would've been better off getting a smaller cheaper set up.Really cheesed off with it. Cant really spare for a pricey booster, and probably wouldnt change things anyway. I just dont get why there has to be such a strong flow of waste and a nats **** of pure. I cant reply yet to any ideas as using library pc (waiting for talk talk set up) but appreciate any ideas. will get back.

My water pressure is around 40 psi I can produce a 1000 ltr of pure in around 2 hours you need a decent booster pump I have Grippatank one fitted in the van I think it’s 800 ltr per hour flow rate . You will also find that your filters will be far more efficient running at 100 psi as that’s what they are designed to run at and you water quality will also be better a much lower tds reading coming out of the ro the filters especially the ro will last a lot longer too 

My water pressure is around 40 psi I can produce a 1000 ltr of pure in around 2 hours you need a decent booster pump I have Grippatank one fitted in the van I think it’s 800 ltr per hour flow rate . You will also find that your filters will be far more efficient running at 100 psi as that’s what they are designed to run at and you water quality will also be better a much lower tds reading coming out of the ro the filters especially the ro will last a lot longer too 
Would you have the pump before the pre filters? I thought they put it before the membrane but im not sure which is best. Also I cant find one online. gardiners dont have one, nor daqua. I can see some for other ro's but not a 40 21.

Back