Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mist on windows

HALTON

Hi guys first time this has happened cleaning away wfp this morning around 9

Every window i did misted up on the outside.

Hope they dried ok never had this before

3 jobs at least did this.

Anyone else experience this.

I know if seals gone it causes this on inside of the glass but not outside

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have this on a conservatory that I clean. Only happens when it’s cold and damp but always dries perfect. Thinking about it it’s the only one that does it and I do a few! Gonna check next time if they have some sort of heater in there during the winter months.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Probably a failed unit.. I  did a first clean on a property not lived in for 20 years a few weeks back. Nearly every unit had failed, all full of mist. The new owner is planning on putting in new windows throughout.. Looking forward to that.

Using cold not hot been damp and miserable today but never had this issue before

Really strange you should bring this up as it happened to me today for the first time in a year of using wfp. Actually got the ladder off to have a closer look!  Seemed to be drying OK though and they were newish units too so I would guess temperature issue (cold to mild) or maybe triple glazing?  Just a thought!

My windows are A rated glass, only fit last year, they do mist up on the outside, it is to keep the cold out and the heat inside the house. All the new glass seems to do it. 

So Halton I think your link is correct.

My daughters school is on top of a hill, by the time I climb the hill the wing mirrors are all fogged up.This is because of the quick change in temperature. I assume the windows have the same issue. Warm inside the house and we're using cold water on them.

After reading a few answers, I now remember what my neighbor told me after getting new windows in 6 months ago. She said they mist up on the outside to retain the heat. The glass unit has a wider cavity and the glass is springy is what I noticed after cleaning them. Maybe that new K glass that they recommend in conservatories.

Hi guys first time this has happened cleaning away wfp this morning around 9

Every window i did misted up on the outside.

Hope they dried ok never had this before

3 jobs at least did this.

Anyone else experience this.

I know if seals gone it causes this on inside of the glass but not outside

Have they recently had their house re rendered?

If the builders didn't cover the glass when rendering this can sometimes cause the windows to dry foggy.

Back