Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If you use a gutter vac do you not need to flush?

Gutter vac is good at times for sucking up tbe debris.  Ive thought about using a hose to attach to top of pole to flush though, but of course need access to outside hose for decent pressure.  Main thing is main crud is out n no downpipe is blocked for them to work properly.

You can but generaly you don’t need to ,it depends on the customer if they are particularly fussy and you can see into the gutters from upstairs windows then maybe , generaly a good vac will pick up 99% of the silt and there is just a tiny bit left really it’s more dirty water than anything else 

I had the same opinion regarding a gutter vac until I used one. It seems to pickup everything that's in the gutter. No point flushing gutters clean because after heavy rain a layer of sand from the tiles will be in the gutter. That's why tiles get thinner as they age. I replaced my 30mm roof tiles and found they had become 15mm in parts after 40yrs. :1f644:

I find the vac gets just about everything out the gutter that there is no need to flush. When I'm using it to clean the down pipes I put the long nozzle down from the top and then press my ear up to the down pipe. If I can hear the air rushing through the pipe I know it's clear. It's not failed me yet.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Saw the hydroshot in bnq n wondered if it could be adapted with longer hose to attach to top of gutter pole to flush or blast crud out of tight gutters, its about £120 though, but an idea.

Just wait for the rain to come. After clearing it with a vacuum there is not a lot left in there. A good rain will wash all the small stuff away.

Back