Iron Giant

Perfect window cleaning weather

Iron Giant

I have managed to in wind and rain so far this week, but this morning isn't great so I'll looks like a late start Screenshot_20181129-083713_BBC%20Weather.jpeg

County Durham Lad

Part Timer

Didn't bother yesterday because of the forecast of strong winds. Hopefully dying down to allow a few hours this afternoon. 7am start tomorrow though 😋

Iron Giant

Out walking the dog and it ain't that bad, I managed an on off the day yesterday till 3pm till it poured down, Just st as well as my wife didn't shut the garage door properly so it was open when we I got back, resulting in a partially shredded cable, so need to get that sorted which will around £40.00

County Durham Lad

windowsurfer

Pouring in fife. Warm though.  Trying to wait to hear about an inside job. Tomorrow looks like a wash out. 

P4dstar

I sat in the van killing time this morning. Started coming down sideways so I knocked in on the head. Now the sun is cracking the flags and the wind has cleared right up so i'll squeeze a few in this afternoon. I've ended up a few days behind this week though. No point catching a cold when I've got space in the diary to catch up.

Clearview Lee

well, was raining when I awoke - so took van in for a full service . Needs rear wheel cylinders - £500!!

....and it hasn't rained in Suburban W London since!! 

scottish cleaning service
3 hours ago, Clearview Lee said:

well, was raining when I awoke - so took van in for a full service . Needs rear wheel cylinders - £500!!

You can buy a van for that price!

Den

managed to get all done today  few shower but windy was going to call it a day a couple of times but glad I stuck it out. 

Daniel Perkins

Got everything done today, up for 5am, waited around in house for an hour as rain was bouncing. Left at 6 and just cracked away, got soaked but no rain so rain just falling on the ground. Not a pleasant day but all good.

Iron Giant

I got out not much after 10am, should have been out earlier despite the forecast I got soaked once when it really hammered it down, but got all my planned work done and 4 extras as I didn't expect to get as much done.

County Durham Lad

managed to get all done today  few shower but windy was going to call it a day a couple of times but glad I stuck it out. 
Day's like this sorts of the men from the boys and those who will succeed or won't longterm.

County Durham Lad

Clearview Lee
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

You can buy a van for that price!

🤣 so true

RWCleaning

I work in might rain, but heavy showers and strong winds I don’t unless it’s more than 3/4 days in a row. But I have one quiet week left on my schedule, and it’s this week so worked out ok. Tomorrow looks fine here in Dorset. 

scottish cleaning service

Raining up here tomorrow and I have a half shift on with the anorak!

windowsurfer

Ended up clearing gutters n cleaning windows in the dark, is that man enough, was just a tad desperate to earn cash today after having yesterday off.

steve garwood

Rained in Bromley all day yesterday and strong winds today.

So I put my coat on and got on with it!

Man up you tarts 😘

No wonder they call us gingers the superior race 💪😁

windowsurfer
9 hours ago, Clearview Lee said:

ouch, thats nasty

TJTOPCAT

Was out all day yesterday and today, I'm sorry but my rounds jammed and can't afford to get behind.
I always tell customers clean all year round.
Had a thank you text off one new first clean customer and bank payment sent.
Get out there and stop worrying, if needs be sit in van for 5-10mins.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Damo

Today has been quite shocking with the wind but got a full day in and a new clean at the end of the day.

Was quite funny as drove past a competitors house and his van was on the drive hes one of those "i clean in anything type of guys" but yet never see him working when its raining. 

Part Timer

I have a simple rule, with my "knowledge" of window cleaning would I be happy to pay for someone to clean my windows in the weather conditions. To me the last day and a half wasn't suitable. Nothing to do with personal conditions, worked in minus temperatures and poring down rain. Rain and wind doesn't work for me 

P4dstar
17 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I have a simple rule, with my "knowledge" of window cleaning would I be happy to pay for someone to clean my windows in the weather conditions. To me the last day and a half wasn't suitable. Nothing to do with personal conditions, worked in minus temperatures and poring down rain. Rain and wind doesn't work for me 

If the rain is rinsing the windows more than I am then it just doesn't seem worth it. A bit of rain is no problem but if it randomly starts coming down sideways or absolutely drenching you then it doesn't seem worth it. There comes a point where onlookers would think ''Look at this 🔔🔚, he must be desperate for a bit of cash'' I know I would. I went out this afternoon with the intention of cleaning 5. 3 of them were on top of a hill where the wind was particularly strong so I didn't bother. I wonder if my mindset will be different when i'm full.

Incheck
If the rain is rinsing the windows more than I am then it just doesn't seem worth it. A bit of rain is no problem but if it randomly starts coming down sideways or absolutely drenching you then it doesn't seem worth it. There comes a point where onlookers would think ''Look at this [emoji348][emoji773], he must be desperate for a bit of cash'' I know I would. I went out this afternoon with the intention of cleaning 5. 3 of them were on top of a hill where the wind was particularly strong so I didn't bother. I wonder if my mindset will be different when i'm full.

Ah don’t worry about the onlookers man. a few customers answered the door yesterday “you’re a bit brave to be out in this aren’t you”
My usual reply is either “it’s not gonna stop, it’s winter, all the way til april”
Or, “bills don’t stop for the rain & neither do i”
Then they have a think about it...nod, & see where i’m coming from. We actually picked up 3 new customers on the round which i was really surprised about, it’s nice to meet people who actually accept that rain is the norm, rather than messers who expect you to be a fair weather window cleaner.

Wind i agree with though as it just blows the water away from the jets, and the windows get crud blown all over them.

dmw

Nobody likes getting wet. End of.
But....... I think a lot of veterans with full rounds (like me and a good few on here ) just get on with it unless it's absolutely horizontal stair rods.
I've worked today until lunchtime until it went really bad, and when I collected tonight to the ones that aren't on direct debit ( don't tell the Gocardless police) a few of the houses were a bit mucky but no complaints (never really do)
But I don't really care, because when they sign up with me they buy into the "sometimes it rains doctrine" which is a two way street and something which is explained and they generally understand.
And to be fair they are fine with. It's only window cleaning not surgery.

Part Timer

I'll work when it's absolutely lashing down, and have done so many a time, I won't however work in really strong winds. Went out at 2 yesterday and did a few jobs because the wind dropped from 40+mph to 20+.