Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Perfect window cleaning weather

Iron Giant

Staff member
I have managed to in wind and rain so far this week, but this morning isn't great so I'll looks like a late start Screenshot_20181129-083713_BBC%20Weather.jpeg

County Durham Lad

Out walking the dog and it ain't that bad, I managed an on off the day yesterday till 3pm till it poured down, Just st as well as my wife didn't shut the garage door properly so it was open when we I got back, resulting in a partially shredded cable, so need to get that sorted which will around £40.00

County Durham Lad

I sat in the van killing time this morning. Started coming down sideways so I knocked in on the head. Now the sun is cracking the flags and the wind has cleared right up so i'll squeeze a few in this afternoon. I've ended up a few days behind this week though. No point catching a cold when I've got space in the diary to catch up.

managed to get all done today  few shower but windy was going to call it a day a couple of times but glad I stuck it out. 

Got everything done today, up for 5am, waited around in house for an hour as rain was bouncing. Left at 6 and just cracked away, got soaked but no rain so rain just falling on the ground. Not a pleasant day but all good.

I got out not much after 10am, should have been out earlier despite the forecast I got soaked once when it really hammered it down, but got all my planned work done and 4 extras as I didn't expect to get as much done.

County Durham Lad

managed to get all done today  few shower but windy was going to call it a day a couple of times but glad I stuck it out. 
Day's like this sorts of the men from the boys and those who will succeed or won't longterm.

County Durham Lad

I work in might rain, but heavy showers and strong winds I don’t unless it’s more than 3/4 days in a row. But I have one quiet week left on my schedule, and it’s this week so worked out ok. Tomorrow looks fine here in Dorset. 

Ended up clearing gutters n cleaning windows in the dark, is that man enough, was just a tad desperate to earn cash today after having yesterday off.

Was out all day yesterday and today, I'm sorry but my rounds jammed and can't afford to get behind.
I always tell customers clean all year round.
Had a thank you text off one new first clean customer and bank payment sent.
Get out there and stop worrying, if needs be sit in van for 5-10mins.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Today has been quite shocking with the wind but got a full day in and a new clean at the end of the day.

Was quite funny as drove past a competitors house and his van was on the drive hes one of those "i clean in anything type of guys" but yet never see him working when its raining. 

I have a simple rule, with my "knowledge" of window cleaning would I be happy to pay for someone to clean my windows in the weather conditions. To me the last day and a half wasn't suitable. Nothing to do with personal conditions, worked in minus temperatures and poring down rain. Rain and wind doesn't work for me 

Back