Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thoughts on the xline setup

i don't think theres many-if any on here who have an x-line stystem mate,i've seen a couple up close and if i'm honest theres nothing special about them at all technically not the best either although it looks flashy-it isn't.

green pro doesn't have a good word to say about x-line and I agree with Darren about this and the shocking way james and his dad treated him I haven't bought from them just because of that, (me and green pro never really agree on anything but you show support in other ways).

other stystems are available of course and some are better than others,the problem is because they are so expensive you get into the mines better than yours scenario as owners don't change stystems like these often so you have to rely on gut feelings and a lot of research and above all experience to find the right one for you as its not all about the price

hot water by diesel heaters is this years buzz word and a few are getting into it and its becoming more desirable to own one,but they come at a price to own one and keep it running and because its the current buzzword theres all manner of rubbish being flown about forums and facebook with many not really knowing what they are talking about giving all sorts of advice and beating their chests about the kw size of their heaters.

I see your in Portsmouth so I would assume it doesn't get that cold there but airbourne salt would be more of a problem than the cold,consider an heating element for the tank if that's an option so you could judge if warm water works for you and take it from there

I am thinking about doing a post in the diy section about the diy diesel heaters but time is a bit limited at the moment,if its of any intrest to someone i'll try and do a post

i don't think theres many-if any on here who have an x-line stystem mate,i've seen a couple up close and if i'm honest theres nothing special about them at all technically not the best either although it looks flashy-it isn't.

green pro doesn't have a good word to say about x-line and I agree with Darren about this and the shocking way james and his dad treated him I haven't bought from them just because of that, (me and green pro never really agree on anything but you show support in other ways).

other stystems are available of course and some are better than others,the problem is because they are so expensive you get into the mines better than yours scenario as owners don't change stystems like these often so you have to rely on gut feelings and a lot of research and above all experience to find the right one for you as its not all about the price

hot water by diesel heaters is this years buzz word and a few are getting into it and its becoming more desirable to own one,but they come at a price to own one and keep it running and because its the current buzzword theres all manner of rubbish being flown about forums and facebook with many not really knowing what they are talking about giving all sorts of advice and beating their chests about the kw size of their heaters.

I see your in Portsmouth so I would assume it doesn't get that cold there but airbourne salt would be more of a problem than the cold,consider an heating element for the tank if that's an option so you could judge if warm water works for you and take it from there

I am thinking about doing a post in the diy section about the diy diesel heaters but time is a bit limited at the moment,if its of any intrest to someone i'll try and do a post

I think that's always of interest Kevin. @Kleenwell is also looking at this. Personally, doing a heater yourself isn't that complicated for  a diyer, its sourcing a suitable cabinet and securing the heat exchangers inside that cabinet along with a header tank.

Once you get to this stage you need a decent size brake to bent angles and be a reasonably good sheet metal welder to assemble the components.

I agree bruce,they are not that complicated but,again they can be,i've done mine a different way so I can be more flexible with heat on any given day and by nature just like to over do things,its still work in progress at the moment

Thanks for the replays..I live in plymouth. A lot of my work is by the sea. I've got a gas heater set up already and do enjoy using the hot.going to buy a newer van in the next couple of weeks.. so I was just going to bite the bullet and get something nice.. I know it's a lot of money and i know it will do the same as my diy set up..I've work and saved hard since I started and just wanted to reward myself ? relly liked the look of the x line but not sounded so good now.. what's the thoughts like on the face lift.. 2 man system hot 9kw I'm thinking..thanks

Thanks for the replays..I live in plymouth. A lot of my work is by the sea. I've got a gas heater set up already and do enjoy using the hot.going to buy a newer van in the next couple of weeks.. so I was just going to bite the bullet and get something nice.. I know it's a lot of money and i know it will do the same as my diy set up..I've work and saved hard since I started and just wanted to reward myself ? relly liked the look of the x line but not sounded so good now.. what's the thoughts like on the face lift.. 2 man system hot 9kw I'm thinking..thanks

Oliver at Grippatank is very good there stuff is top notch I would thoroughly recomend them , pure freedom from personal experience were useless couldn’t evan be bothered to phone me back after 3 calls from me promising to phone back never did if there sales service is like that what on Earth are they going to be like if there is a problem after a purchase . My dealings with x line are very limited with the purchase of a couple of brushes to try they sent the wrong brush the first time , but the girl was very helpful and gave me a discount on the second brush delivery was prompt .

face lift haven’t dealt with them so no idear , ionics stuff is good but expensive , I think Grippatank are the best value for money with a hot system or add on boiler there engineering is amazing 

Bought a Pure Freedom 2 man 9kw hot water system nearly 8 years ago at a lot less cost than Grippatank. Still using the very same system to this day. They reply very quickly to any technical problems and talk you through them. The only complaint of the company is the replacement filters resin etc can be of questionable quality and personally don't buy these from them. 

Enquiried  about a top of the range Grippa  Gutter Vac, with the highest quality carbon fibre poles, circa £3k. Could never get through on the phone so emailed them as the power wasn't great and the only reply I got was we wouldn't sell it if it didn't work. Never got a call or even a follow up call. Not exactly what I would expect from a premium quality supplier so I bought a Sky Vac Industrial with their top grade poles. 

The Webasto heater is the best, whoever supplies it only really install it and any warranty would apply. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at buying a cold water system from from X line, but the quotes didn't really add up and as said they do look smart then there woeful reputation went against them so I went down the back of the sofa, sold a kidney etc. and went with Grippatank and have never regretted it Oliver and his crew came up to North Manchester and fitted it on my driveway in the middle of March and did a great job.
On the two occasions I've needed their assistance I've received a prompt reply, but nothings gone wrong with it really in almost the two years I've had it.
The cost and hassle of going the Diesel heater route doesn't really appeal to me at the moment but I can add to it to my system down the line.
It's funny how you build up a list of good companies and bad companies.
My favourites are Grippatank and Gardiner's.
And my bad boys are Xline on reputation, and Purefreedom on that duff resin they once sold me.
Reputation is everything in this job.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Bought a Pure Freedom 2 man 9kw hot water system nearly 8 years ago at a lot less cost than Grippatank. Still using the very same system to this day. They reply very quickly to any technical problems and talk you through them. The only complaint of the company is the replacement filters resin etc can be of questionable quality and personally don't buy these from them. 

Enquiried  about a top of the range Grippa  Gutter Vac, with the highest quality carbon fibre poles, circa £3k. Could never get through on the phone so emailed them as the power wasn't great and the only reply I got was we wouldn't sell it if it didn't work. Never got a call or even a follow up call. Not exactly what I would expect from a premium quality supplier so I bought a Sky Vac Industrial with their top grade poles. 

The Webasto heater is the best, whoever supplies it only really install it and any warranty would apply. 
Yes understand your frustration.

Thats my biggest gripe with gardiners, they never answer their phones ?

Latest Posts

Back