Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
S.W. Window Cleaning

What gutter vac would you recommend?

THL4KEL

High airflow regarding the vac, yes a camera is handy at times.

Edited by THL4KEL
spelling

Pjj

Depending what you want to spend Grippatank and skyvac are the best in my book , never block works well will suck up just about anything, some of the cheaper makes have all kinds of issues most are wet and dry vacumes they arnt desighned for sucking out gutters , side entry is what you want the centre inlet ones block easily , there is one company ( better not mention there name) all they do is supply the centre inlet vac and they cut off the inside of the inlet and claim  that it is ok , they do work but will block very easily with moss , how do I know this I have had one , sold it as it was no good for the job , my personal opinion is the two makes mentioned above work well up to 60 feet I have never had a problem and we do some serious gutter clearance work , if you are going to be doing a fair bit of it invest in decent kit if you buy the cheap options you will experience problems and say like many on hear that vacs are no good for the job , they won’t be the answer to everything but 99 % of the time they will do the job easily and the cost is recouped in a couple of jobs if you price it right 

is a camera essential no it’s not but it is certainly worth having a decent one especially when quoting to see how bad it is and make sure you can get the vac into the gutter some jobs the tiles almost block access into the gutter , it also makes you look more professional as you can show the customer the problems 

Edited by Pjj

S.W. Window Cleaning

Thanks for the advice. Iooked at skyvac but there are a few models. Would you know which is a reasonable one?

Cheers,

Steve

Incheck
Depending what you want to spend Grippatank and skyvac are the best in my book , never block works well will suck up just about anything, some of the cheaper makes have all kinds of issues most are wet and dry vacumes they arnt desighned for sucking out gutters , side entry is what you want the centre inlet ones block easily , there is one company ( better not mention there name) all they do is supply the centre inlet vac and they cut off the inside of the inlet and claim  that it is ok , they do work but will block very easily with moss , how do I know this I have had one , sold it as it was no good for the job , my personal opinion is the two makes mentioned above work well up to 60 feet I have never had a problem and we do some serious gutter clearance work , if you are going to be doing a fair bit of it invest in decent kit if you buy the cheap options you will experience problems and say like many on hear that vacs are no good for the job , they won’t be the answer to everything but 99 % of the time they will do the job easily and the cost is recouped in a couple of jobs if you price it right 
is a camera essential no it’s not but it is certainly worth having a decent one especially when quoting to see how bad it is and make sure you can get the vac into the gutter some jobs the tiles almost block access into the gutter , it also makes you look more professional as you can show the customer the problems 

Do you need to connect to their wi-fi to use the inspection camera?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pjj
28 minutes ago, S.W. Window Cleaning said:

Thanks for the advice. Iooked at skyvac but there are a few models. Would you know which is a reasonable one?

Cheers,

Steve

Sky vac industrial 85 very good piece of kit , the brakes on the wheels are very good I haven’t seen any other vac with them , it’s really annoying when working on a slope with the vac running away 😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, Incheck said:

Do you need to connect to their wi-fi to use the inspection camera?

No not with my one , I have the one Gardiners used to sell. Some use a cheap go pro copy and link it to there phone 

Edited by Pjj

Jjs window cleaning service
Cheers,
Steve
Industrial 85...may aswell get the best...great bit of kit lifts anything out of gutters

scottish cleaning service

You will pay £2200 for the Industrial Vac on its own so you would need the work to roll in.

Pjj
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

You will pay £2200 for the Industrial Vac on its own so you would need the work to roll in.

Yes not cheap but you get what you pay for quality kit , doesn’t take many jobs to pay for its self then it’s pure profit 😂😂 also good to set against tax