Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What gutter vac would you recommend?

Depending what you want to spend Grippatank and skyvac are the best in my book , never block works well will suck up just about anything, some of the cheaper makes have all kinds of issues most are wet and dry vacumes they arnt desighned for sucking out gutters , side entry is what you want the centre inlet ones block easily , there is one company ( better not mention there name) all they do is supply the centre inlet vac and they cut off the inside of the inlet and claim  that it is ok , they do work but will block very easily with moss , how do I know this I have had one , sold it as it was no good for the job , my personal opinion is the two makes mentioned above work well up to 60 feet I have never had a problem and we do some serious gutter clearance work , if you are going to be doing a fair bit of it invest in decent kit if you buy the cheap options you will experience problems and say like many on hear that vacs are no good for the job , they won’t be the answer to everything but 99 % of the time they will do the job easily and the cost is recouped in a couple of jobs if you price it right 

is a camera essential no it’s not but it is certainly worth having a decent one especially when quoting to see how bad it is and make sure you can get the vac into the gutter some jobs the tiles almost block access into the gutter , it also makes you look more professional as you can show the customer the problems 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending what you want to spend Grippatank and skyvac are the best in my book , never block works well will suck up just about anything, some of the cheaper makes have all kinds of issues most are wet and dry vacumes they arnt desighned for sucking out gutters , side entry is what you want the centre inlet ones block easily , there is one company ( better not mention there name) all they do is supply the centre inlet vac and they cut off the inside of the inlet and claim  that it is ok , they do work but will block very easily with moss , how do I know this I have had one , sold it as it was no good for the job , my personal opinion is the two makes mentioned above work well up to 60 feet I have never had a problem and we do some serious gutter clearance work , if you are going to be doing a fair bit of it invest in decent kit if you buy the cheap options you will experience problems and say like many on hear that vacs are no good for the job , they won’t be the answer to everything but 99 % of the time they will do the job easily and the cost is recouped in a couple of jobs if you price it right 
is a camera essential no it’s not but it is certainly worth having a decent one especially when quoting to see how bad it is and make sure you can get the vac into the gutter some jobs the tiles almost block access into the gutter , it also makes you look more professional as you can show the customer the problems 
Do you need to connect to their wi-fi to use the inspection camera?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for the advice. Iooked at skyvac but there are a few models. Would you know which is a reasonable one?

Cheers,

Steve
Sky vac industrial 85 very good piece of kit , the brakes on the wheels are very good I haven’t seen any other vac with them , it’s really annoying when working on a slope with the vac running away ???

Do you need to connect to their wi-fi to use the inspection camera?

No not with my one , I have the one Gardiners used to sell. Some use a cheap go pro copy and link it to there phone 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it's a bit pricey. I was looking at this one. Any thoughts?

https://surecleansystems.com/product/spacevac-700/

Its center inlet , that’s not the best and the air flow isn’t great , look on Grippatank web site there numatic one is very good I have  one it’s ideal as it’s mains powered it works fine up to 60 feet very good suction I was very suprised I haven’t found anything to block it yet and it will remove large turfs out of the gutter with ease , I also have an omnivac 110 and sky vac industrial that run off a genie ideal for site work or ware there is no one in for power but it’s a pain dragging a genie around . If you want a cheaper option then look at Grippatank one it’s side entry , 2400 watts I think it’s very quite and will suck a golf ball up a garden hose and will cost similar to the one in your link 

Just as a side point if you are looking for good quy100% carbon gutter poles look at carbon fibre tubes they are taper fit they don’t clamp but you can get 7x5 foot poles for around £600 I have been using them for 8 years they ar3 very good and are a cheaper option if you are starting out and cannot afford the more expensive branded poles they do need to be treated with respect don’t walk on them or throw them on the ground mine are still going strong and have been used on hundreds of jobs 

I use a Skyvac Industrial 85 with Elite poles. Had it for 2 years this month. I have burnt out a couple of motors during this time but it is used for hours every day of the week. The chasis is great for moving over all types of surfaces and going up and down steps even when the vac is full. Changed to the Elite poles end if last year and they are brilliant compared to the older tapered poles. I had loads of problems with them jamming together then breaking/splitting when trying to separate them. I have had to buy 1 new Elite pole in the last year after it broke but it was my fault I stood on it. I cut it down and its now permanently in the rubber hose cuff so the poles attach to the hose easier. I have only had one pole stick but it was easy to separate by knocking the lip of the blue clamp with a rubber mallet. I bought 13 replacements of the old ones in my 1st year!
I also have an Atom, bought it 2nd hand for £200. It's great carrying through houses if there is no back access. It does the job but does take longer and blocks sometimes I can't knock it for power. Also, I would say the service from Spinaclean is brilliant. I've contacted them a few times on a variety of things and each time I have had fantastic customer service. Yes the kit is expensive compared to others but mine gets abuse that I don't think others would take.

Back