Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carpet Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Someone in the church last night asked if I do carpet cleaning as the guy who does it in OAP's home has gave up. I heard its a growing industry with all the by2lets needing to be re-let?

I do it, but it's not a core business for me. Great cash in it if you can get the work and it's indoor work so nice in the winter. There's a lot of people on Facebook knocking out a room for a tenner with rubbish machines. I don't try and beat them on price as my setup cost a couple of grand. 

Very good machine for commercial jobs. Possibly a bit big for residential, you would have to leave it outside the house. Spending that you might pick up a van mount system reconditioned.

How did you get on @scottish cleaning service? Thinking about cleaning some carpets myself as I've been asked.
Ended up not going ahead because of the price and size of cleaners. Not sure if the demand was there unless you get in tow with letting agencies. One thing that it has going for it is that all the work is inside so weather isn't a problem. Might be better hiring a machine first to see how you get on, good luck.

How did you get on @scottish cleaning service? Thinking about cleaning some carpets myself as I've been asked.
I'd say leave it to the professionals what are going to do if a carpet has a stain and you have no idea how to remove it or what to to use or even have the the correct chemical to do so,

a lad I know does it as his business he has spent £1,000's on kit plus air pods to dry the carpets before he leaves, he has told me some real horror stories were people have had carpets damaged and some even left soaking wet by theses types on FB and people have had to replace the carpets. 

Someone in the church last night asked if I do carpet cleaning as the guy who does it in OAP's home has gave up. I heard its a growing industry with all the by2lets needing to be re-let?
Stick to one job and leave it to those who already do it.

Carpet cleaning has come along way. Not knowing the correct ph or techniques will ruin a carpet. The use of glass bead and various solutions makes you a pro 

Hi mate, I think what you’ll find is that this is a forum for Window cleaners. 
 The carpet cleaning section is for window cleaners who also do a bit of carpet cleaning on the side. 
 There may not be much traffic here as not many offer it. 
But welcome anyway??

Back