Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Diy backpack conversion

WCF

Help Support WCF:

francie

Alright lads, just a wee idea as im fed up filling me backpack, im thinking of taking the tank section of my backpack an fixing the yellow box to a plywood board in boot of my car, then running pipe straight into barrel in boot, an get a good length of hose so i can operate out of boot.

Pros an cons lads?

I now have 2 Gardner backpacks and also carry a 20 litre barrel.  This lasts me a decent while until I can fill them all again at a customers.  Happy with what I've got as I don't want a van. By running into boot it means you haven't the flexibility you have carrying the backpack to places away from the vehicle.

I now have 2 Gardner backpacks and also carry a 20 litre barrel.  This lasts me a decent while until I can fill them all again at a customers.  Happy with what I've got as I don't want a van. By running into boot it means you haven't the flexibility you have carrying the backpack to places away from the vehicle.
Yeah mate, i normally have 6 barrels with me, an my run is very compact only a few id need extra hose length, but shouldnt be a problem, saves time an energy on filling the backpack.

Thanks for reply

Alright lads, just a wee idea as im fed up filling me backpack, im thinking of taking the tank section of my backpack an fixing the yellow box to a plywood board in boot of my car, then running pipe straight into barrel in boot, an get a good length of hose so i can operate out of boot.

Pros an cons lads?
I’ve done this and it works great.

This is why I like my PF trolley. When I want the portability, which for me is most of the time, I've got it. However, when I have a quick job where parking is close to the property I don't have to get it out of the car. Just pop the hose in a barrel and run out a short length of hose. Best of both worlds. This has worked a treat for me for eleven years.

Latest Posts

Back