Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Green Pro Clean Ltd

What do you use them on?

Incheck

Yeah i don’t rate the hedgehogs (gutter brushes) as you say. Did a job last month and the silt just builds up underneath them and in the corners where the roof channels come down. They do their job to an extent but inevitably they will still block up. And the chances are the customer will phone you to clear the gutters out way down the line, and then you wish you’d never put the buggers in.
The downpipe guards are a good shout though
Saves you having to pull the pipes apart every time you go there, and you can just pro gutter or vac the lengths then

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Big sul
I know this ain't good for repeat business but have any of you ever considered offering to install gutter brushes? For those that don't particularly like add ons you could make a good wedge and then not have to do them again?
I normally ask if they want a leaf guard fitted on top of the downpipes.
I got a box full from EBay years ago.
Then it's £20 on top of the cleaning price.
Then tell them if they want them cleaned out again next year I can do it at a reduced price!
Knowing that it won't take half as long to clean out and all the downpipes are clear.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

P4dstar
23 minutes ago, Incheck said:

Yeah i don’t rate the hedgehogs (gutter brushes) as you say. Did a job last month and the silt just builds up underneath them and in the corners where the roof channels come down. They do their job to an extent but inevitably they will still block up. And the chances are the customer will phone you to clear the gutters out way down the line, and then you wish you’d never put the buggers in.
The downpipe guards are a good shout though emoji106.png
Saves you having to pull the pipes apart every time you go there, and you can just pro gutter or vac the lengths then emoji317.png

2 minutes ago, Big sul said:

I normally ask if they want a leaf guard fitted on top of the downpipes.
I got a box full from EBay years ago.
Then it's £20 on top of the cleaning price.
Then tell them if they want them cleaned out again next year I can do it at a reduced price!
Knowing that it won't take half as long to clean out and all the downpipes are clear. emoji16.pngemoji106.png

I'm not in a position to do either the gutter brush or the leaf blockers at the mo as I don't even keep a ladder on the van anymore. It was just an idea but you guys are probably right about just installing downpipe blockers. One customer asked me to give them a quote but they gutter guards over the top. They ain't lived there long so they didn't know. I just told them to give me a shout if they started having trouble with overflowing etc.

Pjj

Gutter headghogs are a complete waist of time we remove hundreds of meters of the stuff each year it just grows plant life on top of it : the mesh that they put on top of the gutter is exactly the same gressgriws on top of it and the roots go into the gutter to get water a right old mess only way to get rid of it is with ladders too , we charge considerably more to remove both the above and then the customer has to get rid of big black bin liners full of stinking rotting vegetation 

RWCleaning
48 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Gutter headghogs are a complete waist of time we remove hundreds of meters of the stuff each year it just grows plant life on top of it : the mesh that they put on top of the gutter is exactly the same gressgriws on top of it and the roots go into the gutter to get water a right old mess only way to get rid of it is with ladders too , we charge considerably more to remove both the above and then the customer has to get rid of big black bin liners full of stinking rotting vegetation 

Yeh I actually turn down just with gutter guards/brushes in now. Bungalows I’ll do but not enjoy, but working off a ladder on a high house on my own & p1ssing around with the brushes Na stuff that.

But down pipes guards are a great little friend. Unblocking downpipes is the part which always takes longer than it should, and for £1.50 each from screwfix each gutter clear after that it a lot more straight forward. 

Pjj
5 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

Yeh I actually turn down just with gutter guards/brushes in now. Bungalows I’ll do but not enjoy, but working off a ladder on a high house on my own & p1ssing around with the brushes Na stuff that.

But down pipes guards are a great little friend. Unblocking downpipes is the part which always takes longer than it should, and for £1.50 each from screwfix each gutter clear after that it a lot more straight forward. 

Thats intresting we generaly remove them as well 😂😂 as I have found that just one leaf in the wrong place will block them and then the whole gutter overflows,then the customer is on the phone saying you only cleaned them a few weeks ago then you have to go back !,,,, , usualy If gutters are maintained regularly the s bends shouldn’t get blocked , we now are recommending that customers have the gutters vacuumed even year , we now have quite a lot of regular jobs like this very good for the bank balance and keeps the customers happy too 

RWCleaning
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Thats intresting we generaly remove them as well 😂😂 as I have found that just one leaf in the wrong place will block them and then the whole gutter overflows,then the customer is on the phone saying you only cleaned them a few weeks ago then you have to go back !,,,, , usualy If gutters are maintained regularly the s bends shouldn’t get blocked , we now are recommending that customers have the gutters vacuumed even year , we now have quite a lot of regular jobs like this very good for the bank balance and keeps the customers happy too 

Hmm interesting 

CHWS

I

On 06/12/2018 at 12:04, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

20181206_091550.thumb.jpg.c14596b763ada93621c4acb2099815ee.jpg20181206_104223.thumb.jpg.1fc38ed59fa741d98c90eee78251130f.jpg

All the way round 120 meters. 

Gift to do by hand when they r like that. I get their bin and just drop it from gutter straight into it