Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders clean with dried on cement staining

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Allclear

This topic may have been covered already but I couldn’t find it. 

I’m doing a dreaded builders clean at the moment and the glass has a dried on film of concrete/cement. The small splashes come off with no problem using detergent and a blade as usual but the mineral staining isn’t shifting. I’ve tried a solvent cleaner which isn’t working. I’m considering diluting hydrochloric acid brick cleaner and spraying on but I’ve not tried it before. Have any of you had experience with this method or is there a better product? Thanks in advance. 

Their is a product that you spray on and it dissolves the cement I think and safe to use on the white pvc windows I just can't recall what it is called or if it is available at a builders merchant

County Durham Lad

EBay belle clean
ba6fda1bb3dc34eb3e72c815ec2e0735.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If it has been on the glass for any length of time the glass will be etched and nothing will help the lime eats into the glass causing permanent damage , this is why many won’t do builders cleans they look ok untill the window is cleaned properly then it stands out like a soar thumb , then the customer blames you and so it goes on 

Yes, once the glass is burned by a chemical then I'm afraid its permanent. I thought I would be smart and use hard surface cleaner on my large window. All I did was leave a permanent streak on the glass. Didn't realise till the window cleaner told me so.

Latest Posts

Back