Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole conversion

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi I have a gutter vac with carbon fibre poles can I buy something that I can use to use it as a water fed pole

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My advice is not to bother. Just buy a good telescopic pole which is purpose made for the job.

Now I say that even although the original gutter poles sold by Gardiners were SL2 modular poles used for high rise window cleaning work.

One of the notes on Alex's site states that modular poles aren't recommended for domestic window cleaning. We can concur with that as we used to use converted modular fishing poles for window cleaning in the days before Alex brought out affordable carbon fibre poles. Pulling off sections to reduce the length of the pole for lower windows and collecting them later was rather time consuming and not very productive. Sometimes we left a pole section behind and had to drive back to the provious clean for it.

But it was 100 times better than whippy fiber glass poles available in the day. As soon as the SLX became available the modular fishing pole conversions ceased to be used.

If you have spare gutter poles then I would advertise them on ebay.

Back