Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Stedon

First Cleans wfp system

Stedon

Hi can you explain the first clean , obviously it will take longer depending on how dirty the windows are but what I want to know is would you actually get the ladder out and manually scrub the frames on first clean or would pole sort it with more scrubbing

thanks

RWCleaning

I try not to get the ladder out, with time, patience, chemical of your choice most first cleans come out fine with the pole.

The last first clean I did was horrendous though, and something had been splashed on a window & wall around, don’t know what it was but left a big grey mark. Although my brush & chemical ‘faded’ the stain it didn’t get rid of it.

I texted her that night and explained I did everything I could, but if she wants me to concentrate again on just that stain on that one window, I’ll need to bring my long ladder, and another chemical (I was thinking I get rub out) for a small

charge. I was gonna suggest a fiver or something. But she said no don’t worry they look great etc. I was relived she that that tbh.

scottish cleaning service

I did 19 first cleans yesterday on a small care home. Ladder and my 6" Unger scraper on all of them bar the toilet windows. I do that with all my first cleans to get them up to my standard and after that they are a breeze.

solarpanelcleaningltd

It’s quite nice, if you’re not rushed, to get up close and personal with a window. Get the ladders off and give it a thorough clean. You’ll be grateful for years to come. 

Stedon

Thanks all 👍

Part Timer

If the top frames are just very dirty then a few scrubs with the brush with your water on a higher flow then standard will clean them. If they are old and faded then whilst you will remove the dirt they won't be white. To get them back to the original condition is a restore job and this should be priced at considerably more than a clean

Incheck

Yeah, agree with what the others have said. If you’re going to provide pvc restoration as a first clean you need to charge well. It can often put people off, so sometimes it’s best to be straight with your clients and ask them what they’re after. 75% of people just want to simply be able to see out of their windows and not have soot all over their frames so just a standard wfp job with a bit of degreaser will do it.
Only about 1/4 or less of people value having the restoration work done.
We did the gutters for a man recently, he asked while we were there if we could do the front windows. They were quite sooty, every pane was blown, pvc had turned grey/yellow.
I said if you want a proper job done of it then it’s gonna be 50-60 ish, if you want a standard pure water wfp clean £10.
He opted for the latter, perfectly understandable, with the panes blown anyway why would you go to the effort with the pvc 🤷‍♂️
If you do your best to work with their budget without putting yourself at a loss then you can trade at both ends of the market

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

P4dstar

We seemed to quickly and unnecessarily enter the realms of window restoration with this conversation? All seems a little deep for standard first cleans.

I clean all the frames, right up into the corners etc etc and then I clean the glass. Works well and I charge an extra few quid for the privilege. 

Part Timer
16 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

We seemed to quickly and unnecessarily enter the realms of window restoration with this conversation

There would be no other reason to get the ladders out unless you want to apply a chemical and get the frames white, a restore in any other words. 

P4dstar
4 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

There would be no other reason to get the ladders out unless you want to apply a chemical and get the frames white, a restore in any other words. 

I read it as a standard first clean mate, I assumed the ladders question was just down to a lack of experience or understanding of WFP. No offence to OP of course.