Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1.4mm jets water saving

Den

Seen difference of opinions with regards to jet sizes some for and some against I personally like the 100 degree fan jets over pencil jets on my 26cm brushes. I bought a 35cm extreme medium hybrid a while back and like it a lot it came with the standard 2mm jets I placed a order with Gardiner recently so added the 4 x 1.4mm pencil jets thought give them a try, only had a quick good with them today on my own house and they seem good pressure without whacking the flow up which what I was having to do being a 4 jetter.

@Alex Gardiner is their plans for a 35cm low pressure rinsebar ?

When I purchased my 35cm brush I did the same.  Ordered 4x 1.4mm jets to spread the water out over the length of the brush. Sounded good in theory, but I found in practice I didn’t like them. Even at full pelt I didn’t seem to be able to get a good rinse. I’m getting better results with just 2x 100 degree fans. 

I love my 35cm Xtreme brush. Today I had to pop my 26cm brush on for a job so left it on for a bit. It was right odd, so small. Felt like I had a toothbrush on my pole.

When I purchased my 35cm brush I did the same.  Ordered 4x 1.4mm jets to spread the water out over the length of the brush. Sounded good in theory, but I found in practice I didn’t like them. Even at full pelt I didn’t seem to be able to get a good rinse. I’m getting better results with just 2x 100 degree fans. 

I love my 35cm Xtreme brush. Today I had to pop my 26cm brush on for a job so left it on for a bit. It was right odd, so small. Felt like I had a toothbrush on my pole.
Weird isn’t it I normally use  the 35cm for the first 2 to 3 hours then swap to the 26cm DuPont extreme for the simple fact my son uses the 26cm DuPont for 5he first part of the day as we are both trialing the DuPont and seeing the longevity of that brush.

I love both brushes each time I change I prefer the One I have changed too if that makes senses Maybe just psylogical I don’t know ?

@Alex Gardiner is their plans for a 35cm low pressure rinsebar ?

We are working on a 35cm rinsebar at this moment and it is in final testing phase.

It uses the same number of jets as the standard 26cm wide rinse-bar, but set at a 2° higher angle. This means that it is not low-pressure but with the water spread across a wider brush it sits somewhere between the two current rinse-bars for water pressure on the glass.

We are working on a 35cm rinsebar at this moment and it is in final testing phase.

It uses the same number of jets as the standard 26cm wide rinse-bar, but set at a 2° higher angle. This means that it is not low-pressure but with the water spread across a wider brush it sits somewhere between the two current rinse-bars for water pressure on the glass.
Brilliant Alex thanks for the speedy answer. 

My son feels the same with regards to pencil Jets he just done like them full stop.

Iron Giant sorted me out with 1mm jets, have to say I wished Gardiners supplied them as an option on new brushes as they are really good and I use a lot less water using them. Great flow of water of them.

Iron Giant sorted me out with 1mm jets, have to say I wished Gardiners supplied them as an option on new brushes as they are really good and I use a lot less water using them. Great flow of water of them.
I am a legendary  jet supplier/converter  ?

I use the 50 Degree fan jets on a flocked brush for leaded windows and most first cleans. I can't bring myself to use them for regular cleaning. It all comes back to when I was learning and the lad who taught me said about not splashing the window and rinsing as close as possible. Various other sources say about it too but if you use fan jets they have loads of splashes going everywhere. I have an idea I keep meaning to put into practice though, I'm gonna add pencil jets into my brush next to the fan jets. I can connect the two pieces of pipe together with one of the push fit connections and just plug whatever type of jet I want to use into the pole hose! One brush, 2 different types of jet, voila!

I have the red 50 degree on my flock sill brush for gutters fascias etc as I normally use the customers outside tap and these work great with unlimited water pressure the spray gets into every nook and cranny, but I much prefer the black 100 degree fanjet for window cleaning over the red fan and pencil jets as a rule, saying that everyone as their own preference.

im a newbie with the rinsebar but I can see that being my main choice only recently purchased it but liking it loads so far. 

I use the 50 Degree fan jets on a flocked brush for leaded windows and most first cleans. I can't bring myself to use them for regular cleaning. It all comes back to when I was learning and the lad who taught me said about not splashing the window and rinsing as close as possible. Various other sources say about it too but if you use fan jets they have loads of splashes going everywhere. I have an idea I keep meaning to put into practice though, I'm gonna add pencil jets into my brush next to the fan jets. I can connect the two pieces of pipe together with one of the push fit connections and just plug whatever type of jet I want to use into the pole hose! One brush, 2 different types of jet, voila!

I have this very setup on my 26cm Xtreme brush. However, every time I switch to pencils (2mm) within a short period of time I’m reminded why I prefer the black fans. I have more trouble keeping water out of vents with pencils oddly.

Back