Hydie331

Start up costs.

P4dstar
1 minute ago, clear view of silverton said:

Out of all the leaflets I put out they seem to book in a mth or so later where as door knocking they book straight away I don't like door knocking but then I've never needed to I would if I had to.

I had calls in December on the back of leaflets dropped in June/July, one woman told me she pinned it up in the kitchen the entire time and kept saying she would call haha.

I find canvassing is a 3 steps forward 2 steps back system in my area. It must work elsewhere otherwise people wouldn't swear by it. I know enough to tell you I wouldn't be paying a canvassing company for work round here. Everywhere is different, round here if someone knocks on a door the local neighbourhood watch would be posting it all over facebook saying something like ''lad claiming to be a window cleaner is knocking doors''... In my home town of St Helens you would probably get offered in for a brew by half of them 😂

P4dstar
2 minutes ago, clear view of silverton said:

That's the same round here

Getting offered a brew or reported to the social media police? 😂

spruce
4 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I had calls in December on the back of leaflets dropped in June/July, one woman told me she pinned it up in the kitchen the entire time and kept saying she would call haha.

I find canvassing is a 3 steps forward 2 steps back system in my area. It must work elsewhere otherwise people wouldn't swear by it. I know enough to tell you I wouldn't be paying a canvassing company for work round here. Everywhere is different, round here if someone knocks on a door the local neighbourhood watch would be posting it all over facebook saying something like ''lad claiming to be a window cleaner is knocking doors''... In my home town of St Helens you would probably get offered in for a brew by half of them 😂

Its also all about keeping your eyes and ears open as well.

Window cleaning is a business as fluid as the water we use to clean with. There are a lot of new starters, but there are also some who have given up for various reasons or who have retired. Yes, they may have sold the round to someone else, but that doesn't mean they are going to be loyal to the new cleaner or that the new cleaner is actually going to work the round.

Believe it or not, about 10 years ago my now son in law sold his window cleaning round to another window cleaner who did the customers once and was never seen again. My son in law worked that round for a good 3 or 4 years before he sold it.