Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Hydie331

Start up costs.

Hydie331

How much did it cost you to start up? I'm just shy of £10k atm.

Dane

About £50, borrowed a ladder, printed some fliers at my local library and bought some basic trad tools

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Part Timer

It depends what the £10k is going to be used for. If you have financial commitments then you will probably manage with a basic set up as you will need a financial buffer. If you haven't any commitments then I would be looking to get started as £10k will buy you a decent van and set up. Then again it cost me £20k as I was one of the original "all the gear no idea brigade" and bought a nearly new van, 2 man hot water system etc etc.

wee man

Probably about £300 when trad about 25 years ago. When I changed over to wfp about a year ago about 2 grand. Got a van with everything apart from poles for £1100, about £800 on poles and £80 for a old power reel ( the add onto the reel one ) . The other things I've added over the year are a extra di vessel, a inline tds meter, a few brushes and the rince bar . Probably more but can't remember atm.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dane

Oh sorry I thought you just meant start up. I’ve invested more money as I built my business which was buying a van, then a bigger one, then wfp system, a pressure washer, gutter vac etc

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

solarpanelcleaningltd

About £300 five years ago. 

adamangler

My first window cleaning setup was about a grand, thats including the van and a van mount system

But god knows how much ive invested since then, probably 15k

Hydie331
31 minutes ago, adamangler said:

My first window cleaning setup was about a grand, thats including the van and a van mount system

But god knows how much ive invested since then, probably 15k

Thats well cheap wish I lowballed it first then built it up.

ks789

£1800, not including van as I sold car and use it for everything. But add on £350 today for new booster pump, brush and filters.

RWCleaning

Started with a Clx 22 pole, 2x Gardiner back packs, 6 containers so about & trad gear, in the back of my old Peugeot 206. So about £400?

oh plus abit for leaflets & liability insurance etc 

If I was to do it again, I would of bought a very cheap van & cheap van mount. Maybe couple of grand.