Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tip for newbies

Incheck

Hey guys, if you have a problem with black spot on conservatory roof finials that wont scrub off easily, tie a magic sponge on to the end of the harris pole with an elastic band, dip it in de-greaser and that will have it off in no time [emoji106] saved me from despair today.

P.s. dont scrub finials with force, they are only glued on. one time a few years ago i had a spire fly off, felt like a prat then [emoji85]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Usually finials are in a chanel on the top plastic bit

You can unscrew the end pointy post then slide them all out and clean them in a bucket of chemical and water then put them back on

Good idea should try it with the flexiclamp a tool that hardly gets a mention that's very versatile, brilliant for internal Connie plastics. 

Sorry it's called fixi clamp I used to use it a lot with a towel to dry the wet drips of fascia, cladding but now I use the internal pads system for them, but the fixi clamp with damp towel/microfibres for internal Connie plastics make the job really easy also when you get akward glass panels that go into a tight point just use a detailing clothes. Honestly is a great bit of kit.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-fixi-clamp.html

Sorry it's called fixi clamp I used to use it a lot with a towel to dry the wet drips of fascia, cladding but now I use the internal pads system for them, but the fixi clamp with damp towel/microfibres for internal Connie plastics make the job really easy also when you get akward glass panels that go into a tight point just use a detailing clothes. Honestly is a great bit of kit.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-fixi-clamp.html
Thanks dude [emoji41]

Hey guys, if you have a problem with black spot on conservatory roof finials that wont scrub off easily, tie a magic sponge on to the end of the harris pole with an elastic band, dip it in de-greaser and that will have it off in no time
emoji106.png
saved me from despair today.

P.s. dont scrub finials with force, they are only glued on. one time a few years ago i had a spire fly off, felt like a prat then
emoji85.png

Lol you sound like H Man ??????

Just remember approx 2 weeks ago I bought a couple of brushes from home bargains they were quite cheap but excellent quality extra dense thick flock bristles short handle and long handle versions they are called Dip and wash the scrubbing power on these are better than anything I have ever tried.

The short handle version I'm going to convert to take a gardiner quikloc I believe that these could be be the ultimate finial and plastics brush for Connie roofs.

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

As they are fully flocked won't they be a bit heavy for you ? Anyway bath and shave time off to the pub then the Indians, they owe me £30 for cleaning their windows so makes it a cheap night ?

As they are fully flocked won't they be a bit heavy for you ? Anyway bath and shave time off to the pub then the Indians, they owe me £30 for cleaning their windows so makes it a cheap night ?
I have had two cans already lol only another 16 to go lol.

Remember limit yourself to 20 pints as your struggle to eat the £30 worth of Indian lol

Just remember approx 2 weeks ago I bought a couple of brushes from home bargains they were quite cheap but excellent quality extra dense thick flock bristles short handle and long handle versions they are called Dip and wash the scrubbing power on these are better than anything I have ever tried.

The short handle version I'm going to convert to take a gardiner quikloc I believe that these could be be the ultimate finial and plastics brush for Connie roofs.

View attachment 15287

View attachment 15288

View attachment 15289

View attachment 15290

It would be good to join the two brush heads in a v shape for the conny roof beams.

Back