Welcome guest/lurker! Read more... ×
Download Our IOS and Android App! Read more... ×
Incheck

Tip for newbies

Incheck

Hey guys, if you have a problem with black spot on conservatory roof finials that wont scrub off easily, tie a magic sponge on to the end of the harris pole with an elastic band, dip it in de-greaser and that will have it off in no time saved me from despair today.

P.s. dont scrub finials with force, they are only glued on. one time a few years ago i had a spire fly off, felt like a prat then

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Dave B

Usually finials are in a chanel on the top plastic bit

You can unscrew the end pointy post then slide them all out and clean them in a bucket of chemical and water then put them back on

Incheck
Usually finials are in a chanel on the top plastic bit
You can unscrew the end pointy post then slide them all out and clean them in a bucket of chemical and water then put them back on

Trouble is mate i can’t get up there to do it! Haven’t got a conny roof ladder see

Den

Good idea should try it with the flexiclamp a tool that hardly gets a mention that's very versatile, brilliant for internal Connie plastics. 

Den

Sorry it's called fixi clamp I used to use it a lot with a towel to dry the wet drips of fascia, cladding but now I use the internal pads system for them, but the fixi clamp with damp towel/microfibres for internal Connie plastics make the job really easy also when you get akward glass panels that go into a tight point just use a detailing clothes. Honestly is a great bit of kit.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-fixi-clamp.html

Incheck
Sorry it's called fixi clamp I used to use it a lot with a towel to dry the wet drips of fascia, cladding but now I use the internal pads system for them, but the fixi clamp with damp towel/microfibres for internal Connie plastics make the job really easy also when you get akward glass panels that go into a tight point just use a detailing clothes. Honestly is a great bit of kit.

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/unger-fixi-clamp.html

Thanks dude

Pjj
4 hours ago, Incheck said:

Hey guys, if you have a problem with black spot on conservatory roof finials that wont scrub off easily, tie a magic sponge on to the end of the harris pole with an elastic band, dip it in de-greaser and that will have it off in no time emoji106.png saved me from despair today.

P.s. dont scrub finials with force, they are only glued on. one time a few years ago i had a spire fly off, felt like a prat then emoji85.png

Lol you sound like H Man 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Pjj
9 minutes ago, Incheck said:

Not gonna lie i’ve never heard of him! Is it not normal that i don’t know who H man is?

Hman is the australian guy who makes things to try and make a window cleaners working day easier , the problem is he is about 10 years behind the companies that have already invented what he thinks he has made 😂😂😬😬