Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Looking for a cheap start up van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marshy69

As I’m a newbie I can’t post a wanted ad in the market forum. 

Have about 3 grand to spend looking for a water fed pole system. 

Anything out there? 

Last edited by a moderator:
With regard vans I would suggest an ex-BT Vauxhall Combo (well looked after by BT, single driver and heavier payload of 785kg).

As far as the system is concerned I would suggest DIY. Maybe 350L Wyedale tank, Shurflo pump, Claber reel. There's loads of videos on how to DIY it on You Tube.

This thread might help. I wouldn't personally buy a set up WFP van. You don't know how it was put together or how good it is. You won't know if there are any leaks from the system. If it has a van mounted RO you will only have the persons word on how long the filters and membrane have left. There's enough worry when you're buying a van without worrying about the WFP set up also.

Its widely perceived that you need to spend around 3k on a van alone to get something in decent condition with reasonable miles. 3k bought me a 2009 Vivaro with 110k miles on (In 2017). There are cheaper than that of course but after speaking to friends and family that have vans 3k seemed to be the bottom end of a budget someone would go to in order to get something decent.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/...ent=400337&embedDo=findComment#comment-400337 This thread might help. I wouldn't personally buy a set up WFP van. You don't know how it was put together or how good it is. You won't know if there are any leaks from the system. If it has a van mounted RO you will only have the persons word on how long the filters and membrane have left. There's enough worry when you're buying a van without worrying about the WFP set up also.

Its widely perceived that you need to spend around 3k on a van alone to get something in decent condition with reasonable miles. 3k bought me a 2009 Vivaro with 110k miles on (In 2017). There are cheaper than that of course but after speaking to friends and family that have vans 3k seemed to be the bottom end of a budget someone would go to in order to get something decent.
[/URL]
I'm watching this thread with interest as I will be getting a van in new year with a 5k budget for my van...need something vivaro sized that will be reliable and will look good sign written

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954

I'm watching this thread with interest as I will be getting a van in new year with a 5k budget for my van...need something vivaro sized that will be reliable and will look good sign written

You're welcome to take a drive down and look at my system before you start buying if you want mate. I'm only about 40 mins away from Worcestershire.

You're welcome to take a drive down and look at my system before you start buying if you want mate. I'm only about 40 mins away from Worcestershire.
That's good of you and I will take you up on that in new year. Please remind me of your van/setup
Seeing a setup and getting 1st hand advice might save me quite a bit of coin!!

Anyone free in the Bournemouth area to help me with this Lego set!!??

Na it’s pretty straight forward, the only thing you might need help with (I did) is bolting the tank in place. A mechanic I knew helped me. £20 & a pack of beers for him.

The rest is just using a drill, cutting things to length and very basic wire connections 

Plumbing the system is no more complicated than a kids Lego kit. 

As for securing a tank just go to a local mechanic.  
Agreed. It's a good idea to install your own system too. That way when something goes wrong you know how to fix it. Much easier to replace a part if you installed it. You don't need to be a DIY Expert to do it, just know which way round a screwdriver goes and how to work a spanner ?

Does anyone know or can recommend someone to fit a kit  - if I get a van and kit separate? 
It would be worth going to see a working system with one of the lads before you make any decisions about paying someone to build you a system. @RWCleaning is down your way and if he can't help he might be able to point you in the direction of a local lad who can.

Back