Clarkus84

Pvc clean.what would you charge?

Part Timer

An hour and a half tops so anything from £50 - £100 depending on area and how keen I was to earn some money. Good luck getting the dormer gutters clean

Clarkus84

Was thinking around the £100 mark.there's a garage too which would be handy enough.Don't think the dormer gutters will be too bad really......famous last words... [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

MC33

How would you clean that in an hour and a half???

Incheck

I was asking myself the same question to be honest, but i’m not so bothered about setting myself strict time constraints.I’ve accepted the fact that i’m clearly slower than most people on many jobs & feel like a bit of a slacker, but i’m just happy to be active & working rather than sat on my bum! Only had a week on the dole in 14 years thank god.It could be a fitness thing/other people having a better set up/or simply the fact that i refuse to be a terminator (i opted to work for myself so that i can take things at my own pace, many of my years employed entailed being worked to the bone like a slave & i’m glad to see the back of that)

main thing is good job done and customers happy however long you take. If i was on my own i would allocate 3 hours to it just to be on the safe side.

If i’m done quicker it’s quids in but if i could get say £135 i’d be happy. £120 labor the other £15 towards diesel/degreaser/sponges/unger rub out/ pink stuff etc etc.

I do agree with part timer that the dormer gutters would be a PITA though!

Green Pro Clean Ltd
22 hours ago, Part Timer said:

hour and a half tops so anything from £50 - £100 depending on area

£120 regardless of area (because the whole north south BS ((excluding property prices)) died with the horse and cart)  with the sole exclusion of inside M25 then i'd double it. 

Green Pro Clean Ltd
4 hours ago, Incheck said:

was asking myself the same question to be honest, but i’m not so bothered about setting myself strict time constraints.I’ve accepted the fact that i’m clearly slower than most people

Right comes first. Then speed naturally develops. If you're at a happy pace then who cares if it can be done in 10 mins?  

Regarding the OP you did ask about cleaning them only? Not clearing? Or did I miss that?  

A back pack and home made sprayer will help you rip through them.  Especially dormers. 

Part Timer
11 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

£120 regardless of area (because the whole north south BS ((excluding property prices)) died with the horse and cart)  with the sole exclusion of inside M25 then i'd double it. 

Selective use of my post, you forgot to also quote the part about how keen I was to earn some money. I assumed the OP is a newbie and sometimes it is best for them to secure the work so they learn and earn. 

There are loads of trad guys up here that would love to get £50 for this. 

Den
58 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Right comes first. Then speed naturally develops. If you're at a happy pace then who cares if it can be done in 10 mins?  

Regarding the OP you did ask about cleaning them only? Not clearing? Or did I miss that?  

A back pack and home made sprayer will help you rip through them.  Especially dormers. 

Good video. 

Just to add and expand on Pro Greens post that if you want to make a really cheap sprayer and most windies will have the spare parts laying around see link below.

Green Pro Clean Ltd
52 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Selective use of my post

I will concede that point.  In your post just above however you use the word 'assume' so maybe you can concede the point that perhaps your assumption was wrong?  

I do not disagree in the slightest that there are lads all over that will willingly do the work for £50 or less in some cases but as you and I are both aware cause our respective mothers taught us well.......  just cause some one else will do it does not mean that we have to. 

£50 for that shows you have no value in the work that you are doing.  If you live in this area and are happy with £50 for leaving jobs like that mint all day then call me, you're hired. 

Part Timer

I would very much doubt an experienced Window Cleaner would ask for advice on a relatively straightforward job as this. Coming from your humble start I would've thought you did loads of jobs that undervalued your input, but sometimes needs must. 

Incheck

[/url]  

That’s an awesome flow rate [emoji41] i bought the benz nozzles for softwashing and they don’t allow near that amount through, been scratching my head about it for ages. Both brand new and whatever backpack i use its the same pants flow rate 🤷‍♂️

scottish cleaning service

Between £100 and £160 so I would charge Minimum £120 including clearing the gutters with the vac. I wouldn't go below a ton and would probably let it go if they tried to get me down to a £100. I like to take my time and do a good job so it would take me 3hrs including the tea break.

Pjj
On 09/12/2018 at 01:06, MC33 said:

Hot water and 20 years experience tells me that one person could do that in 1:5 hours we do do at least a couple of hundred every year some smaller some much bigger 

Tuffers

A couple of hundred a year! Pah, I do 500 easy and they only take half an hour 😛

Den
10 minutes ago, Tuffers said:

A couple of hundred a year! Pah, I do 500 easy and they only take half an hour 😛

You slowing down lol

Tuffers
1 minute ago, Den said:

You slowing down lol

No, I'm bulling 😀

Clarkus84

[/url]  
Yeah,clean not clear.I quoted £100.haven't heard anything back but I reckon any quote they get will be around that mark.
I got a gardiners backpack the other week there but haven't had the chance to use it yet

Selective use of my post, you forgot to also quote the part about how keen I was to earn some money. I assumed the OP is a newbie and sometimes it is best for them to secure the work so they learn and earn. 
There are loads of trad guys up here that would love to get £50 for this. 
Yes a newbie but not a slave Part timer,lol!!if I was going to charge £50,yes I'd get the job no bother but then your knocking your balls off for nothing once word gets out your cheap.

scottish cleaning service

When I get stuff I try it out with my own house first to resolve any teething problems.

Clarkus84
When I get stuff I try it out with my own house first to resolve any teething problems.
Haven't even had a proper look at it yet but gonna try softwashing the pebble dash around my place when I get the time

Part Timer
1 hour ago, Clarkus84 said:

Yes a newbie but not a slave Part timer,lol!!if I was going to charge £50,yes I'd get the job no bother but then your knocking your balls off for nothing once word gets out your cheap.

Never known a slave to earn £30 an hour. Hope you get your £100

Iron Giant

Going off @Green Pro Clean Ltd video a cheaper option if you like is attach some spare pole hose to the outside of your pole or spare one insert a fan jet into the top and tape it to the angle adapter works just the same for applying detergent to pvc.