Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pvc clean.what would you charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you clean that in an hour and a half???    
I was asking myself the same question to be honest, but i’m not so bothered about setting myself strict time constraints.I’ve accepted the fact that i’m clearly slower than most people on many jobs & feel like a bit of a slacker, but i’m just happy to be active & working rather than sat on my bum! Only had a week on the dole in 14 years thank god.It could be a fitness thing/other people having a better set up/or simply the fact that i refuse to be a terminator (i opted to work for myself so that i can take things at my own pace, many of my years employed entailed being worked to the bone like a slave & i’m glad to see the back of that) main thing is good job done and customers happy however long you take. If i was on my own i would allocate 3 hours to it just to be on the safe side.

If i’m done quicker it’s quids in but if i could get say £135 i’d be happy. £120 labor the other £15 towards diesel/degreaser/sponges/unger rub out/ pink stuff etc etc.

I do agree with part timer that the dormer gutters would be a PITA though!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

was asking myself the same question to be honest, but i’m not so bothered about setting myself strict time constraints.I’ve accepted the fact that i’m clearly slower than most people

Right comes first. Then speed naturally develops. If you're at a happy pace then who cares if it can be done in 10 mins?  

Regarding the OP you did ask about cleaning them only? Not clearing? Or did I miss that?  

A back pack and home made sprayer will help you rip through them.  Especially dormers. 

£120 regardless of area (because the whole north south BS ((excluding property prices)) died with the horse and cart)  with the sole exclusion of inside M25 then i'd double it. 
Selective use of my post, you forgot to also quote the part about how keen I was to earn some money. I assumed the OP is a newbie and sometimes it is best for them to secure the work so they learn and earn. 

There are loads of trad guys up here that would love to get £50 for this. 

58 minutes ago, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Right comes first. Then speed naturally develops. If you're at a happy pace then who cares if it can be done in 10 mins?  

Regarding the OP you did ask about cleaning them only? Not clearing? Or did I miss that?  

A back pack and home made sprayer will help you rip through them.  Especially dormers. 

Good video. 

Just to add and expand on Pro Greens post that if you want to make a really cheap sprayer and most windies will have the spare parts laying around see link below.

Selective use of my post

I will concede that point.  In your post just above however you use the word 'assume' so maybe you can concede the point that perhaps your assumption was wrong?  

I do not disagree in the slightest that there are lads all over that will willingly do the work for £50 or less in some cases but as you and I are both aware cause our respective mothers taught us well.......  just cause some one else will do it does not mean that we have to. 

£50 for that shows you have no value in the work that you are doing.  If you live in this area and are happy with £50 for leaving jobs like that mint all day then call me, you're hired. 

I would very much doubt an experienced Window Cleaner would ask for advice on a relatively straightforward job as this. Coming from your humble start I would've thought you did loads of jobs that undervalued your input, but sometimes needs must. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XTxRikTPW8c?feature=oembed  
[/URL]
That’s an awesome flow rate [emoji41] i bought the benz nozzles for softwashing and they don’t allow near that amount through, been scratching my head about it for ages. Both brand new and whatever backpack i use its the same pants flow rate ?‍♂️

Between £100 and £160 so I would charge Minimum £120 including clearing the gutters with the vac. I wouldn't go below a ton and would probably let it go if they tried to get me down to a £100. I like to take my time and do a good job so it would take me 3hrs including the tea break.

How would you clean that in an hour and a half???

Hot water and 20 years experience tells me that one person could do that in 1:5 hours we do do at least a couple of hundred every year some smaller some much bigger 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/XTxRikTPW8c?feature=oembed  
[/URL]
Yeah,clean not clear.I quoted £100.haven't heard anything back but I reckon any quote they get will be around that mark.
I got a gardiners backpack the other week there but haven't had the chance to use it yet

http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
Selective use of my post, you forgot to also quote the part about how keen I was to earn some money. I assumed the OP is a newbie and sometimes it is best for them to secure the work so they learn and earn. 
There are loads of trad guys up here that would love to get £50 for this. 
Yes a newbie but not a slave Part timer,lol!!if I was going to charge £50,yes I'd get the job no bother but then your knocking your balls off for nothing once word gets out your cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back